The DFI Street Lounge

Guest culinist_merged

Some TV shows should have never been remade because they were bad enough the first time, such as Battlestar Galactica. Then there are few that should have never been made at all; Space: 1999 comes to mind as having the most disinterested cast and writers plus physics more improbable than even Lost In Space.

THunDA: Your 55 is rocking on that mobo and RAM! :D

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some TV shows should have never been remade because they were bad enough the first time, such as Battlestar Galactica. Then there are few that should have never been made at all; Space: 1999 comes to mind as having the most disinterested cast and writers plus physics more improbable than even Lost In Space.

I love the new Battlestar Galactica but I refuse to watch the old one.

the new Battlestar Galactica is awesome...soooooo much better than the cheese 1970's one.

but

back then, it was awesome cuz i wasnt even 10 years old and Star Wars and space stuff was all the craze

Star Trek just plain sucks dirty mud.

Space: 1999 comes to mind as having the most disinterested cast and writers plus physics more improbable than even Lost In Space.

That was a TV show? I thought it was a PBS documentary!

The orginal BSG premiered on my Bday when I was a kid, man that was awesome. I have to agree with Angry on the new one. The darkness and complexity of the story line rocks. BTW, ExRoadie, you need to borrow the DVD's of the SciFi miniseries from me so you can watch. :cool: (since you never could seem to get them recorded when they ran for mulitple times originally) :P

That was a TV show? I thought it was a PBS documentary!

LMAO, I remember one of the final episodes where the two leads encounter the old wise third lead prone in a corridor. The base commander turns fractionally toward the blonde babe and states with coroner flatness, "He's dead", and they move on. Robots could act with more emotion.

we were worried that the new BSG would be cheesy...especially since Sci-Fi channel always screws everything up with cheese =(

but the new one is very mature, and doesn't use those 'star wars' space physics which is cool...and where they took the story is really really good (cylons evolved from machines to cybrids and then got religious...freakin awesome)

• 1 month later...

w00t i totally need a damn drink today...@#$@#!$

i FINALLY understand how DFI users feel when they wake up and their rig aint working anymore...yet it worked for months and months and months, 24 hours a day, doing everything they needed it to do...

my 875B revB server died during the night..at least it wasn't a violent death...everything was still powered on and such, but no video..so I tried every trick in the book, and it would power on and the drives would spin up no problem, but not even a new bios chip would bring it back to real life so I've had to replace it with the previous server board, the LanParty 865PE.

problem is it is in an X-Infinity case with watercooling...took me an HOUR to get the damn board out (and had to have momma help me hold all the water gear...plus i scratched the hell out of hte cpu waterblock surface in the process (nothing a lil thermal paste can't correct by filling in the holes and leaving a light oily sheen on the surface hehe)

now it is all back together (well...the board is in with a 3.4Ghz Engineering Sample 478 P4 800FSB + 4x512MB Buffalo PC3200 TCCD 2-2-6-2...the rest im fooling with cuz i had to change psu's at the same time)

what a friggin nightmare sheesh...and now i had to bust one disk of my RAID-1 mirror since the 865PE doesn't have IDE RAID like the 875B does...but it has 4 channel SATA raid (but i have no SATA drives for it...but I had to make a SATA drive from one of my test drives cuz with the 2x160GB storage drives that no longer can be mirrored but the biggest IDE drives I have and gotta have them for a damn server whew! and that left me with not enough power supply lines so i had to switch to a weak Coolermaster 350w that has dual sata power connects).

ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAR

*ahem*

had to do all this without my angry music like Disturbed and Mudvayne etc since all the music is on the server...@^%#@$@!

booyah!

so thats my complaint (must be nice to complain about only having to switch motherboards and only wasting 2-3 hours eh?)