The DFI Street Lounge

Guest culinist_merged

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[qoute=cpuz]can't stand the gin

me either... had a bad experience once. it involve a lot of gin *disappearing*, then discovering it was in my stomach. then on the hall carpet.

oof.

hey, spkeaking of lounge music i highly recommend "richard cheese". he's a friend of a friend and extremely funny.

Speaking of lounge music and when I was young and living in PA, we used to follow some really cool groups that would sing in clubs in Philly and the burbs.

I remember seeing Meatloaf in concert @ the "Trocadero" in Philly and the opening act was "The Daves" MAN, There music was EXCELLENT!

I have NEVER seen ANYONE SING with such heart and soul as Meatloaf.

Also, we used to go to a place called "The Barn" and saw a number of cover groups that would play various pop music at the time.

One of the real neat things that we did was go into Philly to see "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"

OH MAN, that was so cool, you were supposed to bring things with you like:

a bag of rice

toast

squirt bottle of water...

EVERYONE in the theater KNEW WORD FOR WORD the movie and would speak it out loud and add comments like "WHERES YOUR CHIN?" to the guy explainin' how to do the time warp!

and then you would throw the rice when Brad and what's her name (a young susan sarandon) got married.

When they propose a toast....you threw your toast!

OH MAN>>>GREAT TIMES!!

god i hated rocky horror picture geeks

with a passion

they still make me angry to this day

not as much as star trek / star wars dweebs that camp out at the wrong theater two months before a movie actually shows (cmon...there's what....5,000 movie screens in greater Los Angeles...you can't get in to see Star Wars within the first week?)

god i hated rocky horror picture geeks

with a passion

not as much as star trek / star wars dweebs that camp out at the wrong theater two months before a movie actually shows (cmon...there's what....5,000 movie screens in greater Los Angeles...you can't get in to see Star Wars within the first week?)

only saw it once in the theater, so i had to "act" the words, so everybody wouldn't stand up and yell..."VIRGIN" ( even though I was) hehehe

star wars dweebs that camp out at the wrong theater two months before a movie actually shows

They camp out to raise money for different charities. That's why they stayed camped out in front of the wrong theater this time. Fox is showing it at their new theater instead of the Grauman's Chinese Theater.

They're still geeks but at least they have a heart.

me too brotha.

i had to live with one my first sem in college. *shiver*

[rant]

as for star wars, how can anyone stand in line to see george lucas piss on everything that he worked so hard to build in episodes 4,5,6. It's mind boggling. It gives me migraines to try to comprehend how anyone can let that b4st4rd mock the entire scene with garbage, and yet they still *love* it. george lucas is an @s2h4t.

as for star trek... it should have died with gene roddenbury. it would have spared us all from such wretched filth as deep space nine and voyager. hell, even that bollocks show sea quest prolly never would have existed.

[/rant]

not that i will hold it against anyone for liking any of the above. it's your prerogative. =-p

such wretched filth as deep space nine and voyager

yes, but how do you really feel :nod:

@THunDA - very very nice my brutha. That nekid 55 don't hurt anything either.