Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

so I got me a new Venus board and decided it was time to change my circuit,.. I added a fill/drain port to my loop and a couple of valves to ease the block changes. yea and wheels for when i'm racing :D

wheels attached

med_IMG_2500.JPG

open case

med_IMG_2503.JPG

fill port showing

med_IMG_2497.JPG

drain port showing

med_IMG_2506.JPG

med_IMG_2498.JPG

valves, now instead of wasting tubing I just use up 10inches of tubing when i change waterblocks. water flow seems to be fine with these little valves.

med_IMG_2512.JPG

med_IMG_2515.JPG

med_IMG_2517.JPG

that's my baby. 3140MHz prime stable 3-3-2-6 :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is the first time I've shown my rig on a forum so be honest. Sorry if the pics are kinda crappy.

-------

My desk with my new Samsung 225bw.

hpim0779cq9.th.jpg hpim0784xy6.th.jpg lcdpx9.th.jpg

Top window/blowhole

top0windowblowholemz7.th.jpg hpim0781uv7.th.jpg hpim0787lm4.th.jpg

Bezel mod

hpim0770xu3.th.jpg hpim0773ac5.th.jpg

The Hardware

hpim0767yp9.th.jpg insidecasemv2.th.jpg

My "Cable Managment"

backii2.th.jpg

So tell me what you think. BTW this is my very updated first build. The only things originial in my pc is my hard drive and my dvd drive, everything else got upgraded over the course of a year and a half.

Good idea reelfiles i cant believe i didnt think about that. Is ther anything else i could do to make it better(besides keep the walpaper general) I was thinking about cutting the stock rear fan guard and also cutting a few holes in the mobo tray for wm, besides that i got nuthin.

I have the same case. I used the carbon fiber film which looked ok, but not as nice as the brushed chrome or the machine turned film would have been.

Here's the drive cage after I applied the film.

DSCF2662.jpg

Yea i would think the carbon fiber and a silver case would kind of look wierd. I think the brushed chrome would look the best out of the other films. Yea I'm definitly gonna do that.

I think it would look good if you had a black case and you did all the drive cages. I bet it was a pain to apply that stuff, you know with the bubbles and making it conform to that indentation in the middle. Is that film easy to take off without any residue?

You're right, it did look weird;

DSCF2003.jpg

Haven't tried taking it off, but it applies fairly easy. It stretches a little, so you can just contour it to any bumps and indents. Bubbles can form if you aren't careful but you just poke them with a needle and push the air out of the hole.

I watched these videos first, they are supposed to be for the case skins, but it's the same principle.

http://www.polygfx.com/video.php

Here's a few pics of my elcheapo HTPC that I used the carbon fiber film on as well;

DSCF2490.jpg

DSCF2483.jpg

DSCF2495.jpg

DSCF2487.jpg

Sorry about the small pics, but photobucket sucks, there's no custom resize feature and I can't be bothered to re-upload them, right now I gotta go to work in 4 hours. Gotta get to bed soon.

Just realized that I haven't posted any pics since I got this WaveMaster. The only thing I modified so far is the front PSU bracket since it was in the way of my Strider's modular connectors.

I_found_the_mouse__dad__by_ReelFile.jpg

DSCF2264DFI.jpg

Nightshot_by_ReelFiles.jpg

crappy night shot, the UV reactive slots don't even show.

Nice, I like the blue window on your wavemaster, it looks really good bolted on the outside like that. and the tsunami doesn't look that bad(good decision on gettin the non window version, while I'm stuck with a window with a giant thermaltake logo) What case do you like more the wavemaster or the tsunami?