Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

The side panel for the WaveMaster I bought, I didn't mod it myself, I like it a lot too. I didn't think the window on the Tsunami was bad at all, nice and strong, and I like the shape of it. The Tsunami is laid out better and has good airflow but the WaveMaster is built stronger with crap airflow, it needs room for some 120's. I was actually pleasantly surprised that the WaveMaster has a removable mobo tray, that was one of the things I really didn't like about the Tsunami.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realized that I haven't posted any pics since I got this WaveMaster. The only thing I modified so far is the front PSU bracket since it was in the way of my Strider's modular connectors.

I_found_the_mouse__dad__by_ReelFile.jpg

DSCF2264DFI.jpg

Nightshot_by_ReelFiles.jpg

crappy night shot, the UV reactive slots don't even show.

Hey ReelFiles,

nice rig! Do you really use the monitor in picture for gaming? Thats like 17" or something or is it just the picture that makes it look so small? :rolleyes: If yes you are due for an updrade!!! He He!

Hey ReelFiles,

nice rig! Do you really use the monitor in picture for gaming? Thats like 17" or something or is it just the picture that makes it look so small? :rolleyes: If yes you are due for an updrade!!! He He!

Thanks.

Yeah it's a 17", I rarely play games on it, I encode videos mostly. Occasionally I'll play AOE III or UT. I want to get an LCD just for space sake, but I am not too worried about it. Also the picture quality is better on my CRT. ;)

Well this is the first time I've shown my rig on a forum so be honest. Sorry if the pics are kinda crappy.

-------

My desk with my new Samsung 225bw.

backii2.th.jpg

So tell me what you think. BTW this is my very updated first build. The only things originial in my pc is my hard drive and my dvd drive, everything else got upgraded over the course of a year and a half.

3M makes these cool little clips that you can get at home depot and office supplies, like these at Office Depot. If you do a search on "3M command" you should get something that will fit your requirement.

Guest PP Mguire

Yea that guys case sucks. Whats the point of having UV if its coverd by the white and his cable management is horrible.

ok, had the camera out today for some other pics and decided to snap a few as the lab pc's are getting a little reorganized (ie: building a new machine for momma since hers is probably 18 months old?).

http://www.angrygames.com/pics/cases/lab/

the pics are all at full resolution or cropped from full resolution except for one.

Momma's old rig:

DFI LanParty NF4-D (modded to SLI-D)

AMD64 4000+ San Diego @ 2400Mhz (stock speed)

2x1GB OCZ Platinum DDR400 2-3-5-2

XFX 7800GT 256MB PCI-E w/Arctic Cooling Accelero

Creative Audigy2 ZS PCI sound

2x36GB WD Raptor @ RAID-0

Fortron "Blue Storm" 500w psu

Thermalright XP-90 w/Enermax 92mm adjustable fan

Chieftech Dragon all-aluminum ATX case

Aspire 4-channel LCD fan controller (that beeps constantly and drives her crazy since I never set the fan alarms haha)

Then there's what she's going to be using once her college semester is over and I can change her out without worry, these are pre-build stages (getting all the overclocks and such tested out to make sure no problems).

I'll be going almost-passive in the cooling for this machine. The cpu has a Thermalright Ultra-90 passive heatpipe on it, and the chipset has the Thermalright HR-05 passive chipset heatpipe on it.

The ATI X1900XT 512MB has an Arctic Cooling Accelero X1 on it, and is dead silent until you get into some heavy 3d games, then it is BARELY audible. Only thing I don't like is that it expels heavy heat, especially with the card clocked to 675/750 right now, and most likely a final clock of 700/750, right out the bottom at the PCI-E slot.

I'll devise an expulsion/exhaust cooling setup somehow though that will stay low noise or possibly silent.

Then there's the Hiper 580w. While this psu is not dead silent, even under full load it is barely audible. As silent as the Fortron psu she already has in her rig.

I've got a Sunbeam 4-channel fan controller going into a Coolermaster Centurion Elite ($39 @ SVC! and Thunda already has one and loves it) with silent Coolermaster 120mm in the front and rear, a couple of silent Coolermaster 80mm's on the side and probably another 120mm Coolermaster in the bay area (these cases are mesh-front for airflow just like Stacker and Centurion!).

DFI Infinity Ultra-II M2 (Socket AM2)

AMD64 X2 4800+ Windsor (2x1MB L2, 2400Mhz stock) @ 225x12 (2707Mhz)

2x1GB OCZ Gold GX DDR2-1000 5-6-6-15

ATI X1900XT 512MB PCI-E w/Arctic Cooling Accelero X1

2x80GB Hitachi SATA II @ RAID-0

Creative Audigy2 ZS (not installed yet)

NEC 3500A DVD-RW

Hiper Type R 580w modular psu

Coolermaster Elite ATX case

Thermalright Ultra-90 passive cpu cooler + Thermalright HR-05 SLI passive chipset cooler

Sunbeam 4-channel fan controller

fans, some fans, a couple of fans, more fans, and then a fan or two

And then there's the faithful server...

Skyhawk all-aluminum case (Lian Li clone! impossible to find now but were $29 @ newegg!

DFI Lanparty Pro 875A

Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 3.4Ghz Engineering Sample (800FSB, Hyperthreaded)

2x1GB Corsair TwinX2048 Platinum (UCCC's)

Sapphire Radeon 9500NP (modded to 9700Pro) AGP 128MB

Seasonic S12-600 psu

80GB IDE IBM Deathstar boot drive

2x 160GB Hitachi storage drives RAID-1 (one IDE w/SATA converter)

2x 250GB Seagate 7200.10 external enclosure backup/storage drives

Thermalright XP-120 cpu cooler + 120mm Coolermaster fan

well that about covers is for now other than this new rig I built and am testing:

http://www.angrygames.com/Corsair/Nautilus/

Vigor Gaming ATX case (customized CM Stacker!)

Corsair Nautilus 500 watercooling w/ Corsair gpu waterblock for 7xx0 series gpu's

DFI Infinity 975X/G

Intel Core2Duo E6400 (2.13Ghz stock speed) @ 400x8, 3200Mhz

2x1GB Corsair XMS2 Dominator DDR2-1066

2x Leadtek 7950GT 256MB PCI-E @ SLI w/84.56mod2 drivers

OCZ GamerXstream 700w psu

250GB Seagate 7200.10 16mb cache hdd

NEC 3550A DVD-RW

Corsair Dominator memory cooler

always fans

ok that's my 'picture blog' for now ;)