Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but what color

i think its interior is painted in silver so that heat can reflect ( i m not that good in physics)

and what color are you gonna paint it ?

Physics wont matter when dealing with such a small amount of heat...the paint will not increase to decrease temps either way....I have thought about doing this plent of times...but after spending a week paint just the outside of my case...I couldnt stand to wait another week or so to paint the inside....

If you have a case that the inside is entirely metal...and can be separated from the outside very easily...see if you can take to a shop and have it powder coated...basically the paint will be burnt on the the metal...thus no hassel of painting and so on...unless you enjoy that kinda thing....

Nice clean rig there, dbilz! Your wiring is very nicely done!

Just out of curiousity, why do you have it set up on that high shelf?

Animals? Youngun's? (Just seems kinda risky..)

Not as risky as youd think, the jerker (name of my desk) is very sturdy and definitely top of the line. Thought I still have my doubts, thats why I buying a new case a such for less weight and better cable managing.

My reason for putting it up was just spur of the moment. I didnt want it on the floor, and I disliked it on my desk since it took up alot of space. So I figured Id move my imperial star destroyer over (yes I love legos :D) and put it up there.

Harley Davidson Tribute

Case Mods by Mnpctech.com

Sys Specs:

Enermax 450W EG465P-Ve PSU

DFI 925X-T2 P4 Mobo

P4 3.2 GHz 800MHz FSB

Thermalright XP-120 & LGA775 bracket

SONY CD & DVDRW (airbrushed)

2GB Corsair DDR2 (4, 512K sticks)

2, 160 GB Seagate Barracuda HDs (raid)

Viewsonic VP171b 17" Thinedge LCD

VGA - ATI|RDN 9600XT 256M 100575L-BK

The chassis was modified to accept 2, 120mm Panaflo L1A intake fans and 2, 92mm Panaflo L1As exhaust fans. Chassis has "HD" logo window in bottom and was powdercoated Orange. Lian LI V2000 castor wheels with cnc milled alum flames. Airbushed flames and HD logo by Lin Anderson. Modified Sunbeam fan controller with custom airbrushing. Many more mods. I just keep forgeting them all!

Photos courtesy of CPU Magazine (July 2006 issue)

CPUJuly2006.jpg

casemodmnpctech3.jpg

Hard Drive activity meter inside wing from DragonModz.net

casemodmnpctech9b.jpg

casemodmnpctech5.jpg

casemodmnpctech4.jpg

casemodmnpctech9a.jpg

casemodmnpctech6.jpg

casemodmnpctech9.jpg

casemodmnpctech1.jpg

casemodmnpctech7.jpg