Didn't See This Comming

I ordered my Q6600 there. For a few bucks over the egg I was happy to get the guaranteed G0. But other than that, I can't say I'm overly surprised. I found the browse/search functionality to be rather limited. Same with ZZF, actually. Say what you want about newegg these days, but their advanced search is the best out there by far. The sorting options are simply awesome.

QFT. Every time im shopping on web sites other than newegg, the first thing i notice is how poor the browse/search functionality is. Maybe its not to poor, maybe neweggs search is just to godlike :P

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 7 bankruptcy makes this even more interesting, as it involves liquidation, in contrast with reorganization, which is what we see under Chapter 11. So you know the company had some serious problems if it flat out shut down rather than try and salvage itself.

Chapter 7 bankruptcy makes this even more interesting, as it involves liquidation, in contrast with reorganization, which is what we see under Chapter 11. So you know the company had some serious problems if it flat out shut down rather than try and salvage itself.
Hmmm...

Possibly a few profit errors?

Maybe they miscalculated their profits and thought they were doing good but actually were behind quite a bit?

We shall never know...

Sort of reminds me of what happened to my wife while working at a flash drive company in Taiwan. She went to work one day to find everything with some value (computers, electronics) gone. She saw her other co-workers and manager all wondering what happened. Turns out the owner just fled to China with all the company's money and didn't even tell anyone the company was closing. It's actually a very common practice here in Taiwan. As soon as a company starts to fail, the owner usually flees to China to avoid any debit he/she may owe to the bank.

While I hate to see any company fail, sometimes it is just in the cards. I'm speaking from experience here. In the global market place we now compete in, you really have to have a unique spin on things to remain profitable.

In the automotive industry we called that economy of scale. Meaning that there are two trains of thought.....

You can be very unique and offer something that NO ONE else has and make a good profit on each unit you sell, or you can maximize profit by simply out producing and outselling every other competitor.

I'm sorry to see the company go under. But in reality that is something that happens every day in a capitalistic economy.

They filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy today, apparently. Sad to see them go but in reality it was bound to happen sooner or later when you look at who they were competing against(newegg, tigerdirect, ZZF, etc). Guess it's back to luck of the draw if you want to get a certain stepping.

That sucks...