Personal Protection

Fueler

God I love boxers we had four when I was a kid (They have bad gas though :lol: ) I would love to have a dog again but I'm just out of town too much and I just don't have the heart to leave them at a kennel all the time.

I am in the process however of wiring the entire outside of my house with motion detectors.....if somebody gets within twenty feet it's going to light up like Fort Knox. Now all I need is a way to rope them ....and drag em into the house so I can shoot em.....OK I'm kidding about that part B:)

Boxers are great. They are my favorite breed, but you are right they do have terrible gas. haha

Paranoid much? lol

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boxers are great. They are my favorite breed, but you are right they do have terrible gas. haha

Paranoid much? lol

I have been around alot of dogs ....my grandmother used to raise and sell several breeds of good dogs,,,,but I don't know why... Boxers just seem to give you that comfort that if anybody...and I mean anybody threatens you they are going to tear them limb from limb but in every other way they are the ultimate family dog....you would never worry about them going nuts and ripping somebody apart for no reason like some other breeds of dogs (and don't try to run any BS by me like that type of dog does not exist.....IT DOES)

A Boxer is just hands down one of the best breeds of dog there is...IMO B:)

But unfortunately I'm just going to have to settle for a gun and pray that I never have to use it :(

I have been around alot of dogs ....my grandmother used to raise and sell several breeds of good dogs,,,,but I don't know why... Boxers just seem to give you that comfort that if anybody...and I mean anybody threatens you they are going to tear them limb from limb but in every other way they are the ultimate family dog....you would never worry about them going nuts and ripping somebody apart for no reason like some other breeds of dogs (and don't try to run any BS by me like that type of dog does not exist.....IT DOES)

I disagree that there is a "breed" that is dangerous. BSL is a bunch of BS if you ask me. I was raised around Boxers, Pitbulls, Rotts, etc. and never once seen one show the slightest mean streak. Hell the meanest dog I have ever seen in my life was a 2 pound miniature Chihuahua. I am a firm believer in it is all how they are raised just like it is the person using the gun not the gun itself. <_>

I disagree that there is a "breed" that is dangerous. BSL is a bunch of BS if you ask me. I was raised around Boxers, Pitbulls, Rotts, etc. and never once seen one show the slightest mean streak. Hell the meanest dog I have ever seen in my life was a 2 pound miniature Chihuahua. I am a firm believer in it is all how they are raised just like it is the person using the gun not the gun itself. <_<

Well meaning no disrespect but you obviously haven't had the displeasure of watching your wife get torn to shreds by a pitbull that you know was never in anyway mistreated and recieved nothing but love and affection since the day it was born and yet for no reason attacked somebody it has known all it's life and was many times taken care of by when the owners were away on vacation. The end result was over forty stiches and a complete knee reconstruction.....but of course that must be BS....maybe she just looked at it wrong <_<

Well meaning no disrespect but you obviously haven't had the displeasure of watching your wife get torn to shreds by a pitbull that you know was never in anyway mistreated and recieved nothing but love and affection since the day it was born and yet for no reason attacked somebody it has known all it's life and was many times taken care of by when the owners were away on vacation. The end result was over forty stiches and a complete knee reconstruction.....but of course that must be BS....maybe she just looked at it wrong <_>

In cases like that most vets/experts will tell you the dog most likely had a medical problem (eg. brain tumor, etc). It is also possible she spooked the dog in some way. Trained non-wild dogs don't attack just for the fun of it. That is a proven fact. There is always a reason even if it is as stupid as "she looked at it wrong". :(

Well meaning no disrespect but you obviously haven't had the displeasure of watching your wife get torn to shreds by a pitbull that you know was never in anyway mistreated and recieved nothing but love and affection since the day it was born and yet for no reason attacked somebody it has known all it's life and was many times taken care of by when the owners were away on vacation. The end result was over forty stiches and a complete knee reconstruction.....but of course that must be BS....maybe she just looked at it wrong <_<

Sorry to hear that Fueler, must have been terrible

In cases like that most vets/experts will tell you the dog most likely had a medical problem (eg. brain tumor, etc). It is also possible she spooked the dog in some way. Trained non-wild dogs don't attack just for the fun of it. That is a proven fact. There is always a reason even if it is as stupid as "she looked at it wrong". :(

Well then it seems to me that given the number of seemingly unprovoked attacks by pitbulls would indicate that their propensity for "brain tumors" would be reason enough to declare them unfit as house pets and be put into the catagory of lions and tigers and bears :(

Not trying to turn this into a dog thread but I remember when Houston Police had some Doberman's turn on there officers years and years ago so they quit using them and started using German Shepard's....

Of topic yadda yadda

I'm no dog expert but in my opinion there aren't bad breeds however I believe that certain breeds have more of a tendency to "become" that bad dog after beating/abusing/neglecting then others.

That is entirely opinion, still that probably isn't true, I do believe as well that it depends on the dog and can be completely different in the same breed depending on the case.

Anyways...

GUNS

Back on topic!

:P

Well then it seems to me that given the number of seemingly unprovoked attacks by pitbulls would indicate that their propensity for "brain tumors" would be reason enough to declare them unfit as house pets and be put into the catagory of lions and tigers and bears :(

That in itself is part of the problem. 50% or more of the attacks aren't by pitbulls but my pitbull looking breeds and so the news media just classifies all of them as pitbulls. If I remember correctly pitbulls aren't even listed in the top 10 most aggressive towards humans. They do however have a natural tendency to be aggressive towards other dogs due to dominance natures, but are very well known in the dog community as being one of the most loyal and trusted breed for humans.

a 40 would be alot better for protection since a .22 isn't not that big of a bullet the the person you are trying to protect your self from could still get up or just keep moving if shoot. 9mm would be to much for home protection since a 9mm travels about 1200 fps it can pass though the human body with ease. the 40 moves around 1000 fps so it moves slower causing more knock down power since its a bigger bullet. a 45 would do nice but its moves at around 800fps so this bullet wont easily go through a human but they kick harder and tear more meat up then the other three bullets.

the glock .22 are nice hand guns imo the sig and beretta are my two fav.