The Photo Game

Ok when I first said "I will make one" I didn't imediatly realize the difference in wires, molex has 4, SATA has 5 :huh:

So I did some research and found half of the molex/sata adapters only had 4 wires, while the other half included the mysterious 5th wire. The extra wire was seen as confusing, and therefore unnecessary so I killed it. So unless I screwed up (wouldn't be surprised if I did) here it is. I even soldered it but I can't find my shrink wrap so I taped it to make it look extra classy. :lol:

DSCF0676.jpg?t=1250576398

I'm scared to try it out...

On a side note somebody go save the Say something about the user thread...

I wanna see something smelly!

Edit: Crap I got my wires crossed, well Phil you never said a functional adapter lol.

Edited by gabrieltessin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok when I first said "I will make one" I didn't imediatly realize the difference in wires, molex has 4, SATA has 5 :huh:

So I did some research and found half of the molex/sata adapters only had 4 wires, while the other half included the mysterious 5th wire. The extra wire was seen as confusing, and therefore unnecessary so I killed it. So unless I screwed up (wouldn't be surprised if I did) here it is. I even soldered it but I can't find my shrink wrap so I taped it to make it look extra classy. :lol:

DSCF0676.jpg?t=1250576398

I'm scared to try it out...

On a side note somebody go save the Say something about the user thread...

I wanna see something smelly!

Edit: Crap I got my wires crossed, well Phil you never said a functional adapter lol.

The "official" SATA connector carries the 3V3 rail. Nothing is using it at the moment as far as I know but when they do wait for the confusion because obviously the 4 pin peripheral to sata adapter can't carry it!

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paulktreg

The "official" SATA connector carries the 3V3 rail. Nothing is using it at the moment as far as I know but when they do wait for the confusion because obviously the 4 pin peripheral to sata adapter can't carry it!

Cheers

Paul

Yeah what he said...