1. 1. Do you smoke?

• Frequently (>5/day)
    • Regularly (>5/week)
    • Occasionally
    • Rarely
    • Never
    • Used to, Quit now.
  2. 2. Tick if the answer is yes:

• Do you realise the associated health risks?
    • Have you considered/tried quitting?
    • Do you consider helth effects a factor in quitting?
    • Do you consider cost a factor in quitting?
    • Do you smoke around others?
    • Would the health of your friends/family be a factor in quitting?
    • I don't smoke, so this doesn't apply to me.
  3. 3. Non Smokers Only: Would you like to see smoking banned?

• Yes, Everywhere
    • Yes, All Public Places
    • No
    • I do smoke, so this doesn't apply to me.

I did not know us smokers were such criminals? I have been smoking for 49 years and I do not intend to quit anywhere in the near future. You don't like the smell of my smoke, don't walk near me. Why do I have to change my life style to please you? You sound like the kind of people that believe in fairy tales like global warming. And as RimX said, why not ban alcohol too, that kills more innocent people than smoking does. That will never happen because of the strong lobby that the alcohol companies have in Washington. Look at Nascar racing. No cigarette advertising allowed on the cars. Bad for the children they say. How about Budweiser or Miller or Coors? Thats ok, right? Well, as I am driving down the highway I would rather have the person behind me puffing on a cigarette than sucking on a Budweiser. Yes I know if he is drinking and driving he will get arrested, but that only happens to the ones they catch. What about the ones they don't catch? Smoking in a restaurant is one thing I never did. I do not like the oder of smoke while I am eating and I respect others rites to that too. Smoking in a bar is something I really miss. In fact, after the smoking ban in Connecticut at bars took effect I never went back into a bar.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree that it should be up to the owner of the business.

the reason non smoking people should have to go somewhere else is because the owner chooses to allow smoking.

like i said before...

if it is that big of a deal it sure seems like a quick way to get rich.

just open a business that caters to non smokers...

communism is a terrible thing.

how is it communism??? it was presented to the public where i live. you could either vote to keep it the way it has always been, or you could vote for 1 of 2 different smoking bans and one of them i cant really remember. i voted and the one i voted for was, "ban smoking in all public building except for private non profit organizations"....it passed...im happy

if thats communism tell me how.

ROFL someone needs to read up a little more before using incorrect political terms. im very happy you cant smoke in public buildings anymore smoking is so stupid and a waste of money. when i go to eat i really don't want to smell smoke. heck even people that do smoke don't like it. the reason they don't say anything to the beer company's is because they dont add anything thats additive. and global warming is true just read up on rising sea levels and the messed up weather. take a look at the rising temps around the world. do you think things like this happen for no good reason at all. its common cause and effect.

Edited by capthowdy575

Can of worms...

The earth goes through cycles, whether or not we have sped up or slowed down one of those cycles is irrelevant because it was going to happen at some point anyways...

Edited by Andrewr05

Having lost two friends this year (one at the age of 36 and the other 49) - both smokers since their early 20's - I'm very anti-smoking. Both of their cancers were very aggressive, and both of their oncologists told them that smoking was a contributing factor. I believe there is enough empirical evidence to suggest that second hand smoke is almost as dangerous as smoking itself, but since I'm not an expert I won't claim to know that for sure one way or another.

I've never smoked except for a cigar about once every two or three years and occassionally some pipe tobacco.

With all of that said, I can pretty much tolerate smoke (like at a bar or party), but the one place I absolutely hate it is when I'm trying to eat or immediately before or after a meal. That just ruins the whole day.

the reason they don't say anything to the beer company's is because they dont add anything thats additive.

No they dont have to add anything because the addictive part is already there ALCOHOL. Just attend an AA meeting if you do not believe me or go to one of the treatment facility's in your county or city, or drive downtown where people are laying on the sidewalks.

Don't smoke, don't see any problem with it as long as you aint smoking in a hospital or a school. I actually like the smell of smoke. I guess that makes me strange, not many non-smokers do.

What's smoking got to do with alchohol again?

Quite possibly yes, but I wouldn't see the point...

well ive never smoked and i hate the concept of it, but if someone grew their own tobacco plants then they could make their own tobacco for free without any nicotine in it. Or is it the chemicals they put in it that makes it relaxing?