1.5 TB HDD sweet deal!

Shadowfactor

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldn't it be possible to take out the drives and put them in your desktop?

Probably.

That must be a typo though...there's no other external drive that even comes close to that in price. That should be a $200-300 product.

Probably.

That must be a typo though...there's no other external drive that even comes close to that in price. That should be a $200-300 product.

Definitely not a typo. That external drive goes for about $400 everywhere else. Who knows why dell is selling them that cheap but my friend ordered a pair and they cleared his CC for $160.84(w/ S&H) so that must be the selling price. As for being able to jack the drives for internal use. I doubt they're using some sort of crazy proprietary HD's so it's almost 100% guaranteed to be possible.

Definitely not a typo. That external drive goes for about $400 everywhere else. Who knows why dell is selling them that cheap but my friend ordered a pair and they cleared his CC for $160.84(w/ S&H) so that must be the selling price. As for being able to jack the drives for internal use. I doubt they're using some sort of crazy proprietary HD's so it's almost 100% guaranteed to be possible.

That doesn't mean it's not a typo. As someone that deals with e-commerce, I can tell you that prices are pulled from a database. If the price is wrong in the database, not only will it display wrong on the website, but the order will most certainly go thru with that wrong price as well. Great for the consumers, sucks for the company (not that Dell couldn't afford the loss anyways).

I ordered one. I'll let you guys know if it can be opened up when I receive it (though if I won't be cracking it open to find out, only if there are screws will I open it).