Controllers

dling

Meh it's a bit 50/50 I guess. I think there's a certain amount of e-penis boosting that goes along with owning good peripheral hardware, but then again as I'm used to good quality keyboards, I won't ever use a cheap one now for gaming. I enjoyed using my Zboard as the gaming keyset really did suit me, but it's starting to get a bit old now, and hell, I fancied a change :P

I think the main difference for me though (an FPS player) is the mouse/mousemat combination, moreso the mouse itself. I love using my MX518 for gaming, despite it not being the best or most expensive mouse out there, it suits me very well, and can hold it's own plenty well enough in games. Also you need a good surface that offers good speed and control to play on, therefore a good mousemat for me is a must. Recently I haven't been using one as my P3 is still in the post and I forgot to take one to uni with me, and tbh I've lost a fair bit of aim control without one. Should be ok by tomorrow though when the new one arrives :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if I had a great KB I would not be getting my butt kicked in TF2 :blink: .

That's what logitech, saitek and zboard or whoever makes thoes damn things would like you to think :lol:

No when it come to keyboards as long as the keys work, you're set. (Except with some keyboards that only accept 3 or so inputs in games where you need more than a couple different keys at once (racing, BF2 flying, etc)

Also use a Logitech MX518 and Raptor Gaming P3
I use my Coolermaster Q and MX510 almost exclusively
Keyboard+MX518 for most games.
Logitech M series meece FTW!

I've noticed most if not all are using keyboard & mouse, it seems there are alot of different KB's . Do different KB's give a

better game play ? or is it what ever you are used to. I have always used the cheapest KB I could find. Maybe if I had a great KB I would not be getting my butt kicked in TF2 :blink: .

Some keyboards have macros on them, meaning you can press a single key and have it do some sequential key/button presses for you and some keyboards can be arranged specifically for gaming...

Other than that I think its just a preference of the shape of the keyboard (some like those ergonomic bent keyboards or another configuration), the tactile feedback of the keys (how hard you have to press the key to get it to register and the return spring strength, its nothing technical though)

By the way I use whatever keyboard I can get my hands on and a MX518.

I have an Aliewnware dual PC/Playstation controller that I use as well depending on the game type...

Works excellent:

Alienware Dual-Compatible Gaming Pad

Its really quite neat and its only ~$25. ;)

I've noticed most if not all are using keyboard & mouse, it seems there are alot of different KB's . Do different KB's give a

better game play ? or is it what ever you are used to. I have always used the cheapest KB I could find. Maybe if I had a great KB I would not be getting my butt kicked in TF2 :blink: .

My keyboard uses laptop-style keys with a very short keystroke, improving the speed at which I can hit the keys and the tactile response I get back.

OCC even reviewed it: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/co...ralloykeyboard/ :)

Keyboard and mouse all the way. The only time Ive thought about using a controller with a computer game is for something like GTA. Ive got a really old keyboard that you could probably knock someone out with, its slight downside is its long keystrokes (doesnt bother me much at all) but other than that its served me well in all games.

Ive got a really old keyboard that you could probably knock someone out with, its slight downside is its long keystrokes (doesnt bother me much at all) but other than that its served me well in all games.
I still have a couple keyboards somewhere with 1/8" steel bottoms, they weigh like 8 pounds and require about 92 PSI to depress the keys :D Edited by Andrewr05

I just ordered a new mouse , the " Razer Lachesis" . It nevered occured that there were so many types with different dpi ratings.This one has 4000dpi, I hope it helps my gaming :thumbs-up: :blink:

I just ordered a new mouse , the " Razer Lachesis" . It nevered occured that there were so many types with different dpi ratings.This one has 4000dpi, I hope it helps my gaming :thumbs-up: :blink:

My G5 does up to 2000, and I rarely use anything above 1200. 2000 is just way too jumpy, and I can't see how it would really be useful. The "dpi race" we're seeing in mice now is all just bragging rights if you ask me.

Some keyboards have macros on them, meaning you can press a single key and have it do some sequential key/button presses for you
:withstupid: macros can come in handy in games like MMO's or RTS's, but you'll find little use for them in an FPS like TF2. Although I guess it could maybe help you time a rocket jump? lol

My G5 does up to 2000, and I rarely use anything above 1200. 2000 is just way too jumpy, and I can't see how it would really be useful. The "dpi race" we're seeing in mice now is all just bragging rights if you ask me.

Yep. I've never had trouble with my MX510 and when I've used 2000 dpi mice I just end up turning the sensitivity most of the way down anyway.

I still have a couple keyboards somewhere with 1/8" steel bottoms, they weigh like 8 pounds and require about 92 PSI to depress the keys :D

Yup that sounds like the one Im using. I think Ive got an unhealthy attachment to it lol

Ive got my diamondback at 2000 with its sensitivity all the way up, and at 50% in Windows. I like it fast enough to only have to bend my wrist side to side to do a 180 in CS or move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other.