Bosco

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dream jobs.....heh

im not going to poo poo anyones dream jobs, i just have my own thoughts and opinions on the concept tho.

be careful for what you wish for.

if it comes true theres things you never thought about.

what would life be like if i had my dream job?

well i have my dream job.

I am presently an airline pilot.

ive discovered that it is NOT glamorous.

ive come to discover that no matter what job you have, to be good at it you have to constantly WORK at it. always be improving no matter what. im still studying and i thought school was over after college.....nope. every 6 months i have to prove i'm still qualified to keep my job as captain.

other dream jobs? well, being a WRC/F1 driver is going to take CONSTANT WORK to be the best at it or you will loose your ride with that team. even if your rich enough to own your own team, its no fun loosing cause you suck. to stay good you will be testing alot and gone from home alot.

but my dream job is to be wealthy enough to not have to work ever again unless I want to. The only reason I work is because I need money to pay off a house and eat food.

if i can just have money come in from bank interest alone enough to fund my hobbies that I have no time /space/money for, and take care of my family on top of that, then that would be the best dream job ever for me.

Not having to work ever again unless its on my terms is much better than having a ferrari or being the best airshow pilot (even they aren't home much and have interesting family lives to boot)

hobbies i would do? build and fly an airplane(s), get involved in the vintage aircraft world and fly the larger round engined bombers/fighters, race cars on the club level for my own fun (not professionally for a living), play with computers, invent things in the basement.

all of those things i don't have enough time or money or space to do.

Flying for a living be it commercially or military is not a dream job. You are gone from home alot. I will sleep in my own bed 12 nights in August. I am off work today and yesterday, both days my wife was at work at her job. we only get some weekends together. When I am at home i have to do all the things that normal people do around the house on weeknights. I only have 2-3 days to do them then I'm back in the plane on the road again and cant do anything sitting in the hotel. The future is bright tho. There is still a little bit of good money at the Major airlines, and theyre hiring becuase they ALL will loose half of their pilots to age/retirements/medical reasons in the next 5 years. So at least I'll be able to fund my family and help them achieve their goals with a little left for me. imagine your childhood and how much of a quality it would have if your dad was gone half the time and couldnt make it to your little league games or school plays. i realize that alot of guys have divorced parents and well...imagine how much better it would be if they werent!!....i want to avoid doing that to my family.

my dream job? live at home and get alot of money for it and do what i wnat to do to filfill my interests....and be there for my wife and family when they need me.

thats a perfect dream job.

The only good thing about the airlines right now? We pilots are in high demand and if you have a multi-engined commercial license to fly, you can get a job in a regional airline right now and get jet time. if interested dont miss the boat. nothing like this has happened since the 60's when all the WW2 pilots were retiring.

my dream job? live at home and get alot of money for it and do what i wnat to do to filfill my interests....and be there for my wife and family when they need me.

thats a perfect dream job.

Finally! Someone else who's not afraid to be honest. :lol: So now that's two for sitting around all day. Anyone else?

hmm

I don't know what my dream job is really. I've been training for a 'dream' net admin type job for something like 10 years. Having major doubts. :(

Every position I've been in in retail and my other side ventures along the way has simply been a slightly different set of problems to deal with.

I would not mind 'sitting around' IF I could fund and had enough hobbies. Problem is I don't. Thus i'm board to death with everything.

I want to revise mine. I would like to win the lotto, put all of my winnings in investments and then live off the interest as a full time folder. lol :)

I want to revise mine. I would like to win the lotto, put all of my winnings in investments and then live off the interest as a full time folder. lol :)

Can I revise yours too?

Add "and give some $$$ to Celtica"

:withstupid: I play all the time I have just not won anything...