How often do you perform backups?

sdy284

Backups  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you perform regular backups (on average)

• Daily
    • Once a week
    • Every other week
    • Once a month
    • Every other month
    • Every 3 months
    • Once every 6 months
    • Once a year
    • Backups? I don't need no stinkin backups!
    • Other

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's the thing. all of the files I need / want are not stored locally. it's ALL on servers. only the OS and apps reside on my PC itself (hence the reason I was getting away with a pair of 74gb 15k scsi drives for so long).

the servers are all cloned at least 2 times over (some of the corporate ones are 4 deep). ONE of each of them is backed up to tape twice a day (no sense in backing up the same data twice), but it's a cycle (just in case server 1 has issues that aren't on server 2 for example).

so how does this scheme fit into the poll options?

i should probably have some sort of backup system for my music... oh and university work lol...

the rest i could bear losing...

i don't have any backups to speak of... i have too much stuff to back up really lol

:withstupid: I should have backups, but I don't.

I back up things which I would immediately miss if I so happened to lose them. Such things as my FF bookmarks, IRChat settings, schoolwork/projects, personal/corporate documentations ect. So my backups range from never being backed up to being backed up daily, so I just voted 'every 3 months' just because....

here's the thing. all of the files I need / want are not stored locally. it's ALL on servers. only the OS and apps reside on my PC itself (hence the reason I was getting away with a pair of 74gb 15k scsi drives for so long).

the servers are all cloned at least 2 times over (some of the corporate ones are 4 deep). ONE of each of them is backed up to tape twice a day (no sense in backing up the same data twice), but it's a cycle (just in case server 1 has issues that aren't on server 2 for example).

'Other' or 'Daily', I presume. Even though it's twice per day, I think I would probably still put daily... but it's your call really :)

Well I keep all my software, documents on 1 hardrive, and videos/movies on another hardrive and keep windows installed on another hardrive. I save all important work on hardrives that do not have windows installed on them. So if windows goes corrupt or stops working I can just formate and re-install xp and when xp is installed I just load all the backup software from the other hardrive to the hardrive with xp installed on it. With really important software and videos I usually make a second copy by burning them to CDs/DVDs and store them someware in my room. Other than that I don't gost images of my xp hardrive and store it some ware.

OTHER :glare: