Prey

dling

this is a game ive seen on steam , looks cool, have any of you played it ? what did you think ? :huh:

Edited by dling

I played the demo too and enjoyed it, but just didn't have the time to start up a new game. There are several people that played the full game here though, so hopefully they'll chime in soon :)

It's actually been out for a while now. I played the demo, thought it was cool and then the "hype" started. Portals you can go through a spirit world where you are out of your body, and all kinds of other fancy new stuff.

I bought the game after it came out and I couldn't get it to hold my interest enough to beat it.

Here is a LINK to the gamespot review on it.

Although, this thread might make me start it up and finish it off :P

it was awesome at first but once about half way through, i personally thought it was kind of repetitive.

The only FPS in recent memory that didn't get repetitive over time was HL2:E1...and that it was only ~4 hrs of playtime probably helped ;)

why is steam taking over the world? that fact that any game in steam must be played though steam and you have to be online. yes there is an offline option but to do that you have to disconet your internet and it will promt you to play offline mode but then it say you must have internet connection to verify your steam games are not warzes. its easy to do but the first time my internet was down during a storm i was pissed that i couldnt play ofline intill i conneted to the internet. :angry2:

it may be a good anti-warzes but it doest make me want to use it. another reason why unreal owns b/c ever game they put out a patch for no cd which is great b/c the point of pc games these days is online play and single player is a just a bouns

why is steam taking over the world? that fact that any game in steam must be played though steam and you have to be online. yes there is an offline option but to do that you have to disconet your internet and it will promt you to play offline mode but then it say you must have internet connection to verify your steam games are not warzes. its easy to do but the first time my internet was down during a storm i was pissed that i couldnt play ofline intill i conneted to the internet. :angry2:

it may be a good anti-warzes but it doest make me want to use it. another reason why unreal owns b/c ever game they put out a patch for no cd which is great b/c the point of pc games these days is online play and single player is a just a bouns

so, was that a yes ? you liked the game :huh: sorry man just messing . steam is kinda a pain in the a$$.

Personally I loved the game from start to finish. I thought they had some very unique ideas and I never got bored of playing it, in fact I was pretty bummed when the game ended. I would recommend it to anyone who likes FPS games......... aside from HL2 I think Prey is the best one I have played.

I played the demo, and it was very fun and had refreshing elements.

Horny, get over it. Developers make much more by marketing through Steam, and you're the one who just said that games are about online play. If you can't get online, then don't bother playing. If you don't have internet, tough.

it was awesome at first but once about half way through, i personally thought it was kind of repetitive.

:withstupid: My thoughts exactly. I got pretty far, but I ended up never finishing it due to boredom.