10 Reasons Not To Buy A Ps3

Blue_cow

Wow, do you not see how this is totally a "M$ paying IGN" type of article? It's funny how everything seems to be doing so much better and then all-of-a-sudden IGN starts just saying EVERYTHING is bad about it?

Oh and on the L2 Cache size, check most of yours CPUs ;) Even though I am sure that if it won't have 1 MB, each of the 7 ones with have 512 KB which is a lot more than 1 MB if you can count :P

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The power of the XBOX is phenominal. It can emulate countless systems INCLUDING the PS1 and Nintendo 64. It is possible to load every game ever developed for the Genesis onto the default XBOX hard drive. In most regards the XBOX is superior to the PS2. Since when can you emulate N64 games on a PS2? Also, there are free alternatives to XBOX live.

587932[/snapback]

you're saying the xbox is superior to the ps2 because you can illegally implement emulation of other systems on it? Well fyi, you can emulate on a PC too :P

If the PS3 is anything like the Sony DVD burner in my computer or the CD player I have in my car (both of which I feel I over-paid for thinking I was getting quality), then I'll pass.

587949[/snapback]

I have a Sony indash cd/mp3 player and love it! Have had it for several years and it's never conked out or anything. superb quality.

you're saying the xbox is superior to the ps2 because you can illegally implement emulation of other systems on it?  Well fyi, you can emulate on a PC too :P

I have a Sony indash cd/mp3 player and love it!  Have had it for several years and it's never conked out or anything.  superb quality.

588189[/snapback]

i had one of those sportsman cd players, water/shock/dust resistant, had it since 8th grade summer and till now its going fine and its been through hell. it is still badass, great battery life too.

wait so they can have 7 controllers? Who would want to play a game on a tv that has 7 little screens?? (btw i support sony)

588111[/snapback]

you probably attach another television to it.........so thats 3 on one screen 4 on the other............

Guest Flashstar
you're saying the xbox is superior to the ps2 because you can illegally implement emulation of other systems on it? Well fyi, you can emulate on a PC too tongue.gif

FYI emulating Genesis games on an XBOX is not illegal if you have the Genesis games and you don't develop the emulator with the Xbox development code. I'm just saying that emulating anything on the PS2 is impossible.

umm..... most emulators, if not all, on the xbox are compiled with the xdk, not legal for any of us to own, i dont think Xport ever used the openxdk for his emulators, and most people just use the real xdk, cuz they dont care, now, if you want to be fully legal, you can install linux on your box, and then run a legal emulator within linux, (no 3d acceleration and limited 2d acceleration available though due to proprietary video card), with roms if you actually own that game and the company legally permits you to make backups. but anything that is compiled with the xdk is illegal, unless M$ gave it to you, but they dont give it to anyone, i believe companies rent it from them, just like the devboxes, they never technically own it and it costs a butload.

Im gonna be honest I never wanted to even think of getting a ps3......after so many ps2's just ended up crapping out last year

I mean Im sure they'll fix that, just sonys quality with electronics seems to be shakey nowadays

and question.......why 7? controllers

why not 8, or 6? i mean 7, thats gonna make a whole lot of teams unequal

Edited by CoolMaster

Im gonna be honest I never wanted to even think of getting a ps3......after so many ps2's just ended up crapping out last year

I mean Im sure they'll fix that, just sonys quality with electronics seems to be shakey nowadays

and question.......why 7? controllers

why not 8, or 6? i mean 7, thats gonna make a whole lot of teams unequal

588506[/snapback]

Actually 11 would have made Madden 07 the greatest thing ever.