10 Reasons Not To Buy A Ps3

Blue_cow

Now I could be wrong, but didn't the xbox own the ps2 in the hardware area. And even with that there is a good debate that the ps2 is a far better system because of its games and layout. Don't just rely on specs. Its not gonna suck and you all know it.

(PS I own both ps2 and xbox so im not biased at all im merely presenting the other side)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how you can smack talk a system that hasn't even come out.

Ok, games. Have you seen the launch games the ps3 is cooking up. They look amazing. The xbox360 games look like games that I ran on my computer 4 years ago. Go the gamespot.com and and check the ps3 preview section and compare.

As for developer hell, the ps2 was notorious for that crap too, but once they came out for kits, there was like, a zillion games that came out for the ps2. It's going to be the same for the ps3. developers will catch on and sony will find ways of making developing games easier.

Also, the release of ps3 games is going to smack the hell out of the release of xbox360 games. I mean, c'mon. All the games for xbox360 release were sports games.

I'm going to wait and see, but more then likely I'm going to get a ps3 unless Microsoft can show me otherwise.

Guest Flashstar

The power of the XBOX is phenominal. It can emulate countless systems INCLUDING the PS1 and Nintendo 64. It is possible to load every game ever developed for the Genesis onto the default XBOX hard drive. In most regards the XBOX is superior to the PS2. Since when can you emulate N64 games on a PS2? Also, there are free alternatives to XBOX live.

and PDZ does kinda suck, if you ever played Time Spiltters 1, 2 or 3 for the ps2, well its just about the same muti wise and theres no AA in PDZ, i cant belive they starting sayiing how all 360 games were going to have AA 4x, than the dropped it to 2x and if the game supports High Def no AA which kinda makes it look like a 3 year old game that i got with my ps2 at launch (aka time spiltters)

If the PS3 is anything like the Sony DVD burner in my computer or the CD player I have in my car (both of which I feel I over-paid for thinking I was getting quality), then I'll pass.

I took it seriously until I noticed they spelled nvidia wrong...

The NVIDEA card in the PS3 is identical to the card as what'll be available for the PC in a month or two

Once again, its still too early to tell. We will find out how good it is when we see it...rumors and hype just lead to ppl feeling stupid for underestimating it or left wanting with unfulfilled expectations.

I took it seriously until I noticed they spelled nvidia wrong...

Once again, its still too early to tell. We will find out how good it is when we see it...rumors and hype just lead to ppl feeling stupid for underestimating it or left wanting with unfulfilled expectations.

587953[/snapback]

i agree, theres no point in speculations, wait till its closer to the launch date, and until there is more reliable proof of the PS3's stats.

who the hell is this n00b who wrote this article? why on earth is he talking about cache size on a console? for example, the ps2 architecture has virtually zero cache and a miniscule amount of ram... the whole thing operates on massive bandwidth and the lack of a need for cache...

i've developed on the ps2 platform and cache didn't even come up as an issue... texture memory was a pain... as you can plainly see on pretty much all ps2 games, the textures are either lacking, poor quality, or almost non-existant...

lol... what a nooblet... cache size lol

Now I could be wrong, but didn't the xbox own the ps2 in the hardware area.  And even with that there is a good debate that the ps2 is a far better system because of its games and layout.  Don't just rely on specs.  Its not gonna suck and you all know it.

(PS I own both ps2 and xbox so im not biased at all im merely presenting the other side)

587918[/snapback]

overall yes, the ps2 is superior to the xbox due to the quality of games, not just 1 over hyped game... halo... (i wasted $55 on halo2 collectors edition lol) and not just based on specs alone. imo sony will make ps3 another hit. and for those who question me, i own n64, dc, snes, nes, ps, ps2, genesis, and a xbox so im pretty much unbiased when it comes to hardware.