Socket 939 Oc Competition (single/dual)

hardnrg

much better than the cabne pussies anyway :P @ verran/lilkev...

I think you need to settle down a bit, that language is totally uncalled for even if you don't mean it intentionaly. Remember there are kids here on the forums that are a lot younger than us.

i know lilkev was never going for the high oc's anyway... i'll leave him be...

Lol the damage has already been done from above.

As I have stated in the past, pretty much ALL oc'ing is a risks vs. rewards scenario. I'm sure I could probably hit 3.0+ ghz prime stable if I really wanted to; but that would mean taking off the IHS, pushing 1.6+ volts to the core on air (way too much IMO), etc. etc. Those risks are just not worth it for bragging rights.

Again settle down hardnrg, we all know you have a good oc'ing chip. You don't have to rub it in too much. After all you don't see me doing the same back to you or other members.

Edited by lilkev715

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: My question is what is the prize...I don't see one mentioned so therefore why would you want to risk your comp just for bragging rights??? As I see it now the only one "truly" trying in this is hardnrg....what kind of competition is that?? I mean that if your happy with where you computer is and it does what you need it to do then what is the sense in risking it over some competition that will get you absolutly nothing out of it :unsure:

i'd just like to say "hey verran, you SUCK!"

cabne my butt :lol:

i know lilkev was never going for the high oc's anyway... i'll leave him be...

swifty on the other hand... what are you up to eh?

586411[/snapback]

hehe im here playing guild wars and studying for midterms, ill have time on friday hopefully, and as for the first 2 posts, they really have no understanding of the opteron chip. i guess we are the only ones who really understand the chips :D but i just may have a trump card that i will play should achapman become a threat to me :lol: and mad, so far yes bragging rights over air cooling, BUT theres just the least of it, there is much more to the reason why hardnrg is like that, same with me i just happen to have class ;)

Again settle down hardnrg, we all know you have a good oc'ing chip. You don't have to rub it in too much. After all you don't see me doing the same back to you or other members.

586547[/snapback]

well i think i got your attention hehe... i was hoping i'd get a rise out of you and you'd slam me back with some 3ghz prime screenies or something... guess not... oh well :P

i'll send you some laurels lilkev... they'll be a gift from me to you... they'll be your laurels... so you can sit on your laurels :lol:

i'm glad i've got at least some competition with swifty posing a threat nipping at my heels with a "secret weapon"... i wonder what it is... if it's cold air, then i think i'll have to wrap myself in a sleeping bag and make my room really cold haha...

i took my 3500 venice to 2.92ghz 24/7 stable (prime passing at 33 hours or so)... load temp about 45-47

I think you need to settle down a bit, that language is totally uncalled for even if you don't mean it intentionaly. Remember there are kids here on the forums that are a lot younger than us.

Lol the damage has already been done from above.

586547[/snapback]

I'd have to agree. I'm continually amazed at the trash talking that ensues even when I don't play along. The term "[lol, I get auto-censored while the original sits....]" seems a bit strong for a 650mhz OC on stock volts.

But no matter. Besides, my "[well, you know]" cabne might just be going for a swim soon.

Apparently the "P word" gets filterd into 'seafood' :P

I guess there's nothing wrong with the plurality, however....

sigh, i used to think hardnrg was king of air cooling, and then his achievements will be in vein when he goes water, and now you will too? sheesh i guess ill take that spot over once you guys go h2o...

587306[/snapback]

Whatever helps you sleep at night bud. You've been dishing out a lot of talk lately, perhaps you're not too keen on people serving you your words on a platter? Besides, we'll see how your current 50c load temps look in the summer time, and maybe then your tune will change...