Socket 939 Oc Competition (single/dual)

hardnrg

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever helps you sleep at night bud.  You've been dishing out a lot of talk lately, perhaps you're not too keen on people serving you your words on a platter?  Besides, we'll see how your current 50c load temps look in the summer time, and maybe then your tune will change...

587315[/snapback]

hmm, rooms temps are 75

i went water just because i got tired of the noise air made. it was intrusive in a limited space apartment with a live-in GF. just too loud. i went water...im never looking back!!

take a good look at that ihs......its NOT copper. and that means its NOT efficient getting heat from the die to the heatsink that IS copper. tis just in the way of efficient cooling.

take a good look at that ihs......its NOT copper.

588279[/snapback]

yes it is... it's almost a pure slab of copper... it's only a rice-paper thin plate of nickel or w/e on top, you can quite easily scratch through to the copper

yes it is... it's almost a pure slab of copper... it's only a rice-paper thin plate of nickel or w/e on top, you can quite easily scratch through to the copper

588281[/snapback]

no way!! i could swear it looked like cheap alumasomething or other...wow...

new technology is now able to take a quality coper part and coat it with something that kills the good properties of copper. this is amazing :) thank you for correcting me hardnrg, I honestly thought it was some sort of tin or something.

i am... at some point... it's coursework week so i'm kinda busy... after this week i'll have a lot more free time... well, actually *some* free time as opposed to virtually none

i actually have video footage too...

okay count me in....my opteron 144 @ 2700mhz, stupid 9x multi but i'm still extremely pleased with it.

superPi...it's kinda slow...at 34 seconds...compared to what you guys are getting at 3gig...maybe because i wasn't running in dual channel but i don't see how 300mhz can make a 6 second difference. i'll keep working on it. i'll take suggestions.

post-64925-0-51598000-1336022766_thumb.png

arithmetic bench....yea

post-72615-0-72947300-1336163175_thumb.jpg

....and multimedia. *smile*

i know i can improve....i'm hoping for 2800mhz but no promises.

Edited by airman