Socket 939 Oc Competition (single/dual)

hardnrg

cant do it, have tried everything, CPU wont post at 250Mhz, 240Mhz runs but i get memory controller issues, i get memory errors, but i know it isnt my memory, because i already set my CPU multi to x9 and had the memory at 250Mhz at very low timings 1T and it ran error free, but when i try to bring the CPU up as far 1:1 i get memory errors, so it has to be the memory controller in the CPU

oh well, i am getting just over FX-57 performance from a $300 CPU and i have one of the highest 3DMark 05 scores with a single 7800GT i have seen, so i am happy

608724[/snapback]

What is your chipset voltage? Sounds like it needs more to me. Either that or you overlooked the ldt multi.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your chipset voltage? Sounds like it needs more to me. Either that or you overlooked the ldt multi.

608784[/snapback]

thanks for asking.....i feel like i could get more from it too, i think maybe using A64 Tweaker i might be able to change some of those odd memory timings and settings to get it to work faster/stable

here's what i have tried so far

here's my highest FSB settings without problems:

260:260 (CPU:DRAM)

x3 HTT multi

x10 CPU multi

2.5-3-3-6 1T @ 2.85v

1.55vcore

1.6v NB

1.35v LDT

results in 2608Mhz, memory bandwidth at 6949MB/s Int, 6868 MB/s Float

-----------------------------------

then i tried:

265:265

x3 HTT multi

x10 CPU multi

2.5-3-3-7 1T @ 2.85v

1.6vcore

1.6v NB

1.35v LDT

results in 2651Mhz, memory bandwidth at 7072MB/s Int, 6994 MB/s Float

but wasn't 100% stable running a 32M SuperPI calculation or OCCT

-----------------------------------------

so.......keeping a 1:1 CPU : DRAM ratio the highest i can get without memory errors is

235:235

x4 HTT multi

x12 CPU multi (stock)

2.5-2-3-6 1T @ 2.75v

1.6vcore

1.6v NB

1.35v LDT

believe it or not, after running the benchmarks, 235 1:1 is faster overall, and gives the same memory bandwidth as a 250Mhz memory speed with a lower CPU speed......

ideas..........??????

Well, I got a brand new cooler from Jin, who happens to build wonderful phase units integrated into lian li v2000 cases, and got some nice improvements

Without further ado, new 1M and 32M for 148, and dual 32M for 170

1M_jin_opt_23_390.jpg

fa0335d9.jpg

32M_24_16_dual.jpg

It's a CCBWE 0546SPMW stepping I forgot the last 4 letters of the stepping...

Hold On!!!

Does lowering the HTT Multi help get farther overclocks ???

608946[/snapback]

not exactly, but it can help relieve stability issues

if your CPU "fsb" is set under 250Mhz, then the HTT multi needs to be set to 4x (800Mhz), if you go over 250Mhz setting it to 3x (600Mhz) is best

honestly, according to the guru's over at the DFI Street forums and other "authorities" on the web, setting the HTT multi all the way down to 200Mhz does not affect performance in the least because there is no bottleneck between the core and memory subsystems, etc.......

flashystylez, nice work so far, can you gimme your maxtcase value?

also hg... can you post a few screenshots with cpu-z in there somewhere for your oc's so i can add you to the results? :)

Alright heres my go at this:

148 cab2e 0546BPMW

Dfi Lanparty Ultra-D

2x512mb Mushkin xp3200 lv2

sintek 500w psu

Heres my superpi @ 3005ghz

Heres my suicide @ 3095ghz

and heres my maxtcase it's only at 2.75ghz because I forgot when I was going at it

I had to use alot of vcore but with next upcoming pay check im gonna grap an si-120,panaflo 115cfm,lapping kit, and a new chipset cooler so you better watch out for me :D

Oh and in the next few days I will be removing the IHS with the floss method

edit** I saw on the records next to mine was air with a question mark and yes im using a Venus 12 right now

Edited by caffeinejunkie

come on.... someone must have some more results surely?! my reason for the lack of results recently is my crazy case mod antics...

i know Weee is whipping up a storm with his SECOND phase-change unit lol... and he plans for more, even colder, phase-change action in the near future

anyone trying to oc on water..? verran, pull yer finger out mate! :lol: