Can't Decide If Amd Is The Best!

bgnatewv2

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to decide between getting a new ABIT IC7-G II and a new heat sink and fan the Zalman CNPS9500 or get an MSI mobo with an AMD cpu. The Msi is the MSI K8N Neo2-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra ATX AMD and the cpu would be AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 1GHz FSB 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor. I don't want to get screwed by switching to AMD from Intel, but I'm still not really convinced that it would be a good switch. Can anyone shed a little light on the Msi and the AMD cpu vs my 3.0ghz intel w/HT? btw the intel cpu is on an intel mobo that why i called out the ABIT board. B:)

556668[/snapback]

Go for the AMD system, you wont regret it. That venice processor overclocks so sweetly!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! Go with AMD. I am sure you wont be disappointed. I haven't built my AMD system yet, but I have most of my parts: AMD 3500 Venice, MSI K8N Neo, Antec Neopower PSU, 2 cd-rom drives, a floppy, an Aspire case (looks so cool), and 2 HD, 1 300GB maxtor and a 250 Western Digital. I still need to buy a video card, x800xl, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs, a flat screen monitor, and RAM. But all I really need is the video card and the RAM in order to setup my system. i would just use my other monitor to make sure everything is up and running, but I need the flat b/c the other monitor is used by another PC.

haha... and that is only a little of the things I want. I totally want to mod my pc. add some cool fans, sleeve the wires, paint the inside of the case red or black. get some UV lights, more HDs. I want like 8 in my case. lol. TOo much.. haha. just kidding. Not too mention the mouse and keyboard I desire. and the OS, which will most likely be Windows Media Edition which will requie me to buy more things. haha. SO much to buy and so little money on hand. grrr

What pisses me off, is that AMD is such a dang great CPU, but it is not so widely known. One main reason.. Dell..... SCREW DELL! they have so much of the pre-built computer market! Everyone thinks ZOMG DELL DELL DELL IS T3H 1337NESS CORE.... and Dell doesn't offer ONE AMD computer, because if they do. Intel will cut off all connections they have with them. So everyone who gets Dell's is also getting an Intel.. and cannot fully experience a REAL CPU.

What pisses me off, is that AMD is such a dang great CPU, but it is not so widely known. One main reason.. Dell..... SCREW DELL! they have so much of the pre-built computer market! Everyone thinks ZOMG DELL DELL DELL IS T3H 1337NESS CORE.... and Dell doesn't offer ONE AMD computer, because if they do. Intel will cut off all connections they have with them. So everyone who gets Dell's is also getting an Intel.. and cannot fully experience a REAL CPU.

556991[/snapback]

Yea, it sucks for AMD, but Intel made good business ties... and for the average user on a Dell, they are gonna have AIM, Internet Explorer, Word, Kazaa, and a crapload of spyware running. So they multitask, P4's better for the average user who needs NO power, just RAM and some snappy multi-tasking.

I used to hate that whole thing, but my paycheck comes from fixing stupid Dells, for stupid people, and to see them back in 3 months cause they downloaded New.net again...

So I say bring em on, I'm in the know and am better than that, now all the people that don't know any better, give me all your money.