Can't Decide If Amd Is The Best!

bgnatewv2

Here is the cpu and motherboard I decided to go with, as for the heatsink it will stay stock for about a month maybe two then I'm going to get the zalman CNPS9500 anyways.......

MSI K8N Neo2-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3800BPBOX - Retail B:)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So that specific AMD cpu will out perform the 3.0intel, but only in gaming? Also, I know I must be a retard but I always thought***smokes from ear*** that the HT intel out performs the AMD in multi-tasking.? :blink:

btw I'm just tryin' to stay with AGP because I just bought a X850XTPE  AGP vc!

556704[/snapback]

I ahve a 3.0c and a 3000+, and i can say the 3000+ beats the 3.0 in 90% of the stuff i do the 3.0 seems to fold a little faster @ stock, Then Intels encode or do things like the cracking of a winrar password (dont ask) faster. But all around give hte the choice of a 3.0 or a 3000+ with good motherboards and I will take the 3000+. Though going form my 2.66 @ 3.19 to the 3000+ stock didnt seem that great at the time, looking back I'm glad i did.

I ahve a 3.0c and a 3000+, and i can say the 3000+ beats the 3.0 in 90% of the stuff i do the 3.0 seems to fold a little faster @ stock, Then Intels encode or do things like the cracking of a winrar password (dont ask) faster.  But all around give hte the choice of a 3.0 or a 3000+ with good motherboards and I will take the 3000+.  Though going form my 2.66 @ 3.19 to the 3000+ stock didnt seem that great at the time, looking back I'm glad i did.

557686[/snapback]

Thanks for the info, you metioned a good mobo, does the MSI i listed before qualify as a good mobo? I have absolutly no idea when it comes to MSI and the AMD cpu's, but I will soon! B:)

yes the MSI should be a better mobo as far as OCing the the gigabyte Ive mentioned around here b4, though the gigabyte is rock solid stable...but we all know OCing is what we love :D (aka why i have a DFI PCI-e board in my main rig now...)