Can't Decide If Amd Is The Best!

bgnatewv2

dell DOES build AMD systems... they just bare the name Micron. Dell owns the Micron computer company (not the ram company). they bought it specifically so they could sell AMD chips and Intel would have nothing to say about it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever wanted to really see a good discussion between Intels and AMD's you should read the oh let me see, the 45 Pages of AMD Vs intel in the processors forum. Ah that always warms me up inside.

Well, unfortunatly money does rule this earth. but think of it this way, AMD could be just as evil as Intel is given the Chance Im sure any company would take the advantage and dominate somehow.

If you ever wanted to really see a good discussion between Intels and AMD's you should read the oh let me see, the 45 Pages of AMD Vs intel in the processors forum.  Ah that always warms me up inside.

557155[/snapback]

haha me too

OK. So what im thinking is that I need to go ahead and get the AMD, which i am . Can anyone tell me how well or not so well the stock heatsink and fan performs? B:)  :blink:

557219[/snapback]

Yes, you are smart to go AMD, do it, do it, do it.

And for the stock heatsink, if you aren't gonna overclock it will do fine, you can make it go a long way though, for instances, consider sanding the bottom to a mirror finish (check out the lapping guide), using arctic silver instead of stock paste or god forbid, a thermal pad, and plugging the fan into a 3 -> 4 ping adaptor to keep it at full speed, it's not gonna be loud.