I've Almost Seen It All....

NCC10281982B

Began typing this @ approximately 9:20 PM

There was definately doubt in whether or not I should post this (for reasons that I don't wish to discuss). I've debated over whether or not to post this in my mind, and I have come to an obvious conclusion.

_______

Began typing @ 08:34 PM

Rather than quote and debate in a traditional sense, I am merely going to state some of my idea(l)s and beliefs at this point in time. Be warned: most of these ideas are most likely flawed or completely flawed to readers because I am not omniscient or omnipotent- I am fifteen and human. Also, do not take these as the absolute. If I were to have my own government with it's own people, most things of this list would be changed because I would consult many others to form this governmental document.. thing :P. It may or may not be implied that certain things are (not) done already. It's a good idea to be skeptical over everything I say.

In general, the government should stand to make most of it's denizens of any given place happy and/ or satisfied. However, this should not conflict with the laws set out by the government (though laws may be changed if the will of the/ some people is strong enough)- for a rough example, if the majority wish a certain group of people to be killed and there is a law preventing the killings of others, the majority will not be satisfied. Also, the minorities (including those viewed as "extremists") should not be ignored. In general, the government should be very open to change and should have as many as possible views considered during states of change yet be very cautious as to change or not.

I believe the government should remain completely secular, as to not influence the governed. The government should influence the governed through laws percieved by the majority of the inhabitants as non-biased and fair. As the people and their beliefs change, so will the laws and those that govern. Two examples of this would be how women achieved suffrage and how non-whites achieved freedom.

I think all things should be questioned at some point to avoid anything that one could concieve as "cruelty." Questioning anything, including authorities, ideals, principles, foundations, and my "mock/ wannabe govt." should be encouraged as well as any peaceful acts that are done with this peaceful, nonviolent mindset.

Then again, I do have many ideas of governments- this is just one that I think would have the greatest chance of success.

_______

Typed @ approximately 9:20 PM

The above is mostly my opinion and is likely to change in the future. Some, if not most of this is not completely thought out and will have minor and/ or major discrepancies in reference to my true opinion. I'd have to spend hours to get this exactly how I want it (or maybe I'm just especially nit-picky today). Decided to include these side notes and time stamps for (I hope) clarity though by doing so I've probably helped to confuse at least half of you ;). By the way, I'm absolutely insane if you haven't already noticed.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you put the 'new' in there, that changes things a bit. (Wasn't there when I read it before)

As for your offer, as long of the symbols pertain to the purpose of the building, I can't really see myself having a problem with it. Of course, only time will tell.

Oh and I don't play soccer anymore, mainly because I suck at it, hence getting chosen last as a child. :) In fact, the only sport I enjoy to play anymore is golf and I suck at that too. Yep, I feel reaaaal macho now and the hate machine keeps a rollin' on. :rolleyes: And I hardly see how my remarks, were personal. It was sarcasm and not directed to be an attack. I do apologize.

you just want to keep going don't you Verran? If your mom was a history teacher for 30 years, and you yourself a christian for 20...you would KNOW exactly what I'm talking about and stop rephrasing the same question to make me repeat myself. I don't believe you because you couldn't even grasp the basic principles of christianity and how they were applied in our government. Ignorance is bliss. :lol: . Lo's cop out. I think a majority of the people on this forum would agree that I'm not one to "cop out" unless the situation is hopeless... and I'm not giving up. I just know when it's time to quit..and this has gone far too long.

You're liberal, I'm conservative, its been proven conservatism works, its been proven liberalism doesnt. Lo out.

quitting never solved anything...and i myself was raised christian...went to a catholic school for the majority of my life...3-4 grade...another year of 4th grade..5-9th grade..where i was finally kicked out for not succumbing to the will of my communications teacher and her inability to admit she's wrong...

You're liberal, I'm conservative, its been proven conservatism works, its been proven liberalism doesnt.  Lo out.

536203[/snapback]

I'm more of a fan of moderation. You get nothing out of sticking with an extreme view. I'll take realism rather than pragmatism any day.

you just want to keep going don't you Verran? If your mom was a history teacher for 30 years, and you yourself a christian for 20...you would KNOW exactly what I'm talking about and stop rephrasing the same question to make me repeat myself.  I don't believe you because you couldn't even grasp the  basic principles of christianity and how they were applied in our government. Ignorance is bliss. :lol: .  Lo's cop out.  I think a majority of the people on this forum would agree that I'm not one to "cop out" unless the situation is hopeless... and I'm not giving up.  I just know when it's time to quit..and this has gone far too long.

You're liberal, I'm conservative, its been proven conservatism works, its been proven liberalism doesnt.  Lo out.

536203[/snapback]

Yeah, I just can't let up. What's with me? Maybe it was someone tellling me I'm too STUPID to understand them.

But that's fine. It's such bulletproof logic, I guess I can't argue.... I mean anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with you must be stupid, right? I mean you've got it all figured out, right? Anyone that doesn't see things your way could've never gone to college. How could any respected collegate body produce anything short of the perfection that you, yourself, represent? Anyone that doesn't believe exactly like you could've never stepped foot in any christian church. How could they without instantly being granted the exact understanding that you yourself have come to know? Nor could they have educated parents? It's simply not possible. No, it's clear to me now that anyone who doesn't believe exactly what you do obviously is inferior in every way to you... man, what a jack@$$ you are!

Typical redneck way of looking at things. Anyone who isn't exactly like you isn't worth knowing, and must obviously be inferior in every way. It explains perfectly why you express compassion for equality, yet overthrow it any time it gets in your way.

But you're right. I must be lying. My mother has obviously lied to me. She must've paid good money to make it look like she had her own classroom in a school for thirty years. And my father, working for the state for 30 years, must've been a lie too. Otherwise I'd have the same rock-solid understanding of the government that you've got, Lo. And obviously, though I thought I had been going to church for twenty years, it must've been a hoax. What an elaborate scheme they must've worked up to convince a twenty year old young man that that building was a church. Good show, I say!

No. I think anyone reading your response will instantly understand what's going on here. They'll understand that you justify your life by defining everyone else's as worthless. The sign of a true Christian. No. I don't picture you triumphant. I picture you as a small child crouched in a corner with your fingers jammed tightly in your ears, eyes crammed shut, rocking back and forth, and muttering to yourself how everyone else is crazy and you're the one who's got it all figured out. You believe what you want. The rest of us will look at your petty display and believe something else.

if you display every religion, what about the satanists that claim what they do is their own religion? i extremely doubt they are going to put a christian symbol and a satanic symbol on the same building simply because the christians think they overpower everyone...

take them ALL off.. i mean, why have them in the first place? who cares.. let people practice their religion in private.. instead of having it publically displayed

I would just like to display my opinions on this topic. I have been reading this forum for almost a year now and I've never really posted. I am a christian and believe strongly in christianity. Now, I believe that creationism and evolution co-exist. I don't know if anyone else here has thought of this although I did read one post that was close. None of us KNOW that God exists nor do we KNOW that he does not exist. We can only assume and believe. The evidence is overwhelming on the side of evolution which is why I believe it to be true. I also believe that in order for intelligent life to have existed someone or something must have started the whole process. This is where I get my belief in God. I believe that he started life and then stepped back and let life evolve.

Alos, all books have been written by man, man is flawed, therefore the books are flawed. This being said there are parts in the Bible or anyother religious book that may not be true. While the writers are said to be influenced by God or a supreme being, they were not written by the diety themselves. Thus they are flawed.

Now to the topic of the separation of church and state. The constitution does not say that the government cannot have a religion. It states that the government cannot force a religion on the people because of their beliefs and cannot persecute them because of their beliefs. I personally believe that the markings of christianity should remain on the buildings, not because they have been there for so long or anything like that, but because it would cost way too much money to remove them. The government would have to replace every piece of currency in circulation and would have change so many blocks wherever christian markings are displayed on buildings.

The president of the United States is a human being and cannot be unbiased. It is impossible to not be biased. You(refereing to people in general) cannot criticize a person for expressing their beliefs, you can only hope that they do not act upon them. But, while Bush may have acted upon his beliefs, he thought he was doing so with the support of the majority of the country.

Also, addressing the statements that white males think they are supreme today is ridiculous. Most people are not racist but may not feel comfortable around people who are different than them, but this is human nature. You are afraid of things that are different. The difference between this and racism, is that racists act on their fears and normal people do not. Example: The United Negro College Fund. I find the UNCF to be a very racist organization. I personally do not believe that blacks have a harder time getting money for college. I also do not think that colleges should be required to accept a certain number of blacks/females/asians/etc, because then they are not taking the best. Colleges should only except the best. If that means that 90% of the school are white/males, then so be it. They had to best scores/grades or whatever the college was looking at. And, could you imagine if there was a United White College Fund, that would be considered racist and the group would be disbanded imediately, but not the UNCF. And I ask why? Minorities have the exact same oppurtunities as everyone else.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions and are not meant to offend anyone. If I have offended you then tell me and I will try to explain why I have these opinions so as not to offend you.

P.S. I know not to touch the llamas... :lol:

Edited by hockeyrcks9901

I agree with hockeyrocks. Whether it be affirmitave action, NAACP, UNCF or anything else created soley to help one race over another, that is completely racist. If anything, I would have to say that blacks are way more racist than white people. The only difference is that they get a pass on it because their ancestors were slaves. Well, Ive got news for ya buddy! Almost every race at one time or another has been enslaved by one race or another. That doesnt entitle that race to forever hold it against the decedants of the enslaving race. Life happens, people move on, and situations change. Its time to move on people, slavery is over. Im personally sick of all the double standards involved in "racial" politics. Just like hockey said. If we had a United White College Fund the politicians would be up in arms. And believe it or not, white kids are actually having a harder time getting into good colleges, even though they might have better grades than somebody of a different color, that person gets preference. Thus punishing the white person for being white and smart, and rewarding the person of color for being just that. I say equal rights. Not special rights. Blacks have equal right, and just like gays, what most of them want is special rights. The right to get into college without having to meet the standards a white person would have to. Can you imagine if we had a White Entertainment Television? That would be considered racist and would never happen, but black people can have their Black Entertainment Television and nobody says a thing! This kind of stuff just pisses me off. Jeez.

:withstupid:

Equal rights not the same as special rights. It's unfair for somebody to be handed something on the basis of something they never actually suffered (slavery has been over for so long that there are no more former slaves, so no black man today can claim to know what it was like during that time). Give everybody equal rights. Stop living in the past and start looking to your future. If all you can care about is something your GREAT GRANDFATHER had to endure, then you're pretty much screwing over your own children.

No offense to minorities, but there's a reason stereotypes exist.