Do You Use Google Web Accelerator?

d3bruts1d

Are you, or did you, use GWA?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you, or did you, use GWA?

• Yes, currently using it.
    • I did use it, but stopped for security / privacy concerns.
    • I did use it, but stopped because I didn't like it.
    • Didn't get to download it in time, want to try it when downloads are resumed.
    • Didn't try it because of security / privacy concerns.
    • Didn't see a need to try it / Didn't want to try it.
    • What is the Google Web Accelerator?

Google always seams to be a popular topic here at OCC, especially when reflecting back on some of the past polls. ;) I figured this week, I'd ask something based on Google's last product, the Google Web Accelerator (GWA).

Let us know if you use it, used it, or didn't even give it a try. I'd like to know what your thoughts are on it, your experiences, and what you think about the issues that have been reported about GWA.

I didn't feel I really needed to try it out, I'm happy with the speed of my internet as it is at the moment. I might try it when the download is available again, but I'm not sure, what with all the stuff which has been said about it.

I downloaded it and couldn't get it to install. Or maybe it installed itself and I didn't notice a difference. Either way, I'm not unhappy with my speed now, and am trying to avoid unnecessary clutter anyway, so it's gone.

I didn't see any need to try it - my cable service is pretty speedy. I was using acceleration software when I was on dialup and found it corrupted the F@H WUs on download, so I also didn't want to run into the same problem again.

Currently using it - not real noticable difference, but according to brandwidth tests it gave my 1.5mbs connection about 300kbs more to its rated speed -it was only at about 1200kps before :D. According to the counter i've saved 6.1 minutes of loading so far by using it since the day it came out ;). Havent had any problems with logins or forums or anything(using firefox if you wanna know), and its so small it doesnt hurt to stay even if it didnt do anything :lol:

since the day that it was posted on the OCC news to today, I saved around 30min. I mean not a huge difference. But i could see it loads pages faster. Since i set my internet setting to empty temp. internet folder each time i close my browser. so yea.

I didn't feel I really needed to try it out, I'm happy with the speed of my internet as it is at the moment. I might try it when the download is available again, but I'm not sure, what with all the stuff which has been said about it.

478129[/snapback]

i never heard of it until now, but I'm with jammin...I don't bother with web accelerators because I have optimum which is known to be one of the fastest cable providers out there. I can happily surf the web while my father and bro are doing so on their computers and while I'm downloading AND uploading with bitcomet. No need for an accelerator.