Thermal Paste

When spreading the AS5 if that is what you end up buying, remember to only use a grain or two sized amount of it. The rule of more is better in this case does not apply!

That is what happens when you put on too much AS5, so remember a small amount goes a long way. I still laugh from time to time at my own stupidity and the responses I got to it when I informed some of the OCC members about it lol!

do u get the funny feeling you put way too much on

Whoa, that's enough AS5 to fill a Twinkie.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showto...49entry428449

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arctic Silver 5, if you want the best and have patience for it to set in, if not, Arctic Ceramique.

466273[/snapback]

That's backwards. And Arctic silver is not conductive but it is slightly capacitive.

i use AS5, jsut be sure to warm it up by putting it in your pocket 20 mins or so prior to applying, it makes it easyer to spread, and use a razor, much better then a credit card

I got AS Ceramique when i ran out of AS5 and honestly the performance seems identical MAYBE 1 deg diff and the price is ALOT cheaper. got the 22 gram tube for the same as a 3.5g of AS5. just my opinion.

Either one works great though :D

That's backwards.  And Arctic silver is not conductive but it is slightly capacitive.

469556[/snapback]

Have you ever seen a working capacitor that cannot conduct electricty?

Arctic silver is conductive. I can prove it.

You guys spooked me. I removed my 939-90mn out of my rig thats not running yet, because AGP card wouldn't post. I checked it out and had a little too much goobee on it. So I re-applyed the AS5 but , I will never do it again because the XP-90 is a classy lady to remove.

I'm using this new stuff and I absolutely love it. Others claim it works better than AS5 they had been previously using, but I wouldn't know as it is the first paste I've ever used.....

GeiL Thermal Paste

Check out the reviews on NewEgg. The last guy is what convinced me to try this over AS5. Great price too. And they sent me 6!!!!!!

Reviews

Dan