Whats The Dumbest Thing You Ever Did?

Vasto

The dumbest thing I ever did:

During Spanish class I was super bored, so I took a battery out of my book bag--I keep extras in there for my CD player--and a paper clip. I unfolded the paper clip and attached both ends of the paper clip to both ends of the battery. The teacher then handed out a worksheet, and I kind of forgot about the battery for 10 minutes. When I remebered it, I picked it up to disconnect the paper clip. *BRILLIANT IDEA* The paper clip and battery (which were both extremely hot) burned my fingers, so I dropped it on the floor. The floor was carpeted. Oops... I quickly managed to disconnect the battery using my foot leaving only a small burn mark. The teacher never figured out what the smell was.

Analysis:

Ya this happened a few years ago, but a post reminded me of it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too many to name.. but recently.. electocuting myself with a cathode inverter .. but trying to connect a cathode (from another set, I de molexed it) while it was turned on.. it left a mark. :lol:

I've eletrocuted myself so many times unplugging my comp from behind the desk. I can't see what I am doing so I accidentally grab the metal prongs while its still half way in the wall all the time

Joined the Marine Corps instead of finishing college. Now I have to start over on Aug 15th.

But I do have a CAR.

431194[/snapback]

Finishing college (USNA) instead of joining the Navy...

Still questioning that one...

But the dumbest computer thing has to be plugging in the Molex connector to a HDD upside-down... while the system was powered up...

Nothing exciting, but I lost the drive and wrecked the psu :-p

Felt pretty dumb after that!