Whats The Dumbest Thing You Ever Did?

Vasto

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do a lot of dumb things, but the dumbest thing I've ever told someone to do was last year in our Biology class we decided we didn't like it so we would take out power to the building... So I put a paper clip in the socket and he pushed it in... boy did that thing spark and did he get a nice little burn! He was suspended... I was laughing. School never did lose power.

Finishing college (USNA) instead of joining the Navy...

Still questioning that one...

But the dumbest computer thing has to be plugging in the Molex connector to a HDD upside-down... while the system was powered up...

Nothing exciting, but I lost the drive and wrecked the psu  :-p

Felt pretty dumb after that!

431270[/snapback]

... the top edges of a molex connector are at a 45 degree angle, while the bottom's at a 90 degree angle. That, and there's a bit of plastic on one side to keep you from plugging it in backwards.

So, you would have to use tremendous amounts of force to shove it in there backwards. And, why were you plugging in a HARD DRIVE in while the system was ON?

EDIT: To stay on topic:

Saying "I love you." to my ex a year and a half ago.

Joined the Marine Corps instead of finishing college. Now I have to start over on Aug 15th.

But I do have a CAR.

431194[/snapback]

LOL, mine is joining the marine corps after finishing college, now i have all this money for college, nothing to spend it on, and 35,000 in student loans. lol

having the genius idea that i could carry a meat samosa - complete with yoghurt and mint sauce - unwrapped, just sitting on a little polystyrene tray... in my pocket!!!!

:lol: it was one of my birthdays, maybe even my 21st, so naturally i was hammered

forgot i had the samosa in my pocket til i got back to my mate's flat, at which point all the yoghurt sauce had seeped through my pocket on the inside and dripped down my leg, also the samosa was all mashed up so i had some samosa dripping down my leg too.... turning out my pocket was fun, all my mates were ripping the piss outta me while all this was going on... things went downhill from there that night, didn't hear the last of it for about 2/3 years!

having the genius idea that i could carry a meat samosa - complete with yoghurt and mint sauce - unwrapped, just sitting on a little polystyrene tray... in my pocket!!!!

didn't hear the last of it for about 2/3 years!

431428[/snapback]

:P And you're trusting us enough to not remind you of this from time to time?? :lol::lol:

:P And you're trusting us enough to not remind you of this from time to time?? :lol:  :lol:

431431[/snapback]

no-one really actually remembered the samosa part of the night as it was largely overshadowed by the following events that night...

well another pretty stupid/ but funny thing i did was when i was working at this warehouse, on the night shift, my foreman had left for the day, and his monitor broke on his computer, so i thought it would be funny if i took a cardboard box and sat it on his desk like a monitor, i also drew on the box to make it look like a webbrowser, and the url was www.fatchicks.com see the pic for a reenactment, yes it is a little graphic, so i might get in trouble. anyways, i got fired over it, and now that i think about it it was pretty stupid