Official Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about this thread.

Look at what I snatched up a few weeks ago...

Apologies for the crappy cell pics, I was in a rush to get it inside before it started raining. Click for huge crappy cell pics :lol:

frontangleqa0.th.jpg

cylinderskq8.th.jpg

bottombx6.th.jpg

Forgot about this thread.

Look at what I snatched up a few weeks ago...

Apologies for the crappy cell pics, I was in a rush to get it inside before it started raining. Click for huge crappy cell pics :lol:

So what are you running these days Puck? Your car always looks like a beast.

I'm getting my car ready for a dyno day on 9/27, and then off to VIR for some fun 10/03-10/05. I'll be sure to post more about that later...I made a bunch of updates to my car ;)

So what are you running these days Puck? Your car always looks like a beast.

I'm getting my car ready for a dyno day on 9/27, and then off to VIR for some fun 10/03-10/05. I'll be sure to post more about that later...I made a bunch of updates to my car ;)

Tying together the last bits of my rebuild to get her back on the road. Hunting for 10s NA, but will need a bit more gear and stall to get there.

Block is my new bulletproof 383 stroker LT1:

12.5:1 CR

Converted Splayed 4bolt mains with ARP studs

Forged Eagle 3.75" Crank

Forged Eagle 5.7" H-beam rods w/ ARP L19 rod bolt upgrade

Forged SRP Flat top pistons, .030+ -5cc dish

Melling HV oil pump+pickup

Custom Crane HR cam - 240/244 .595/.595" @ .050 and 110LSA(kind of big for a hydraulic roller, eh? :lol: )

Rest of the valvetrain like the ported heads and intake will be reused. Restalling the 3200 stage2 fuddle to a 3600 stall, and going up to a 3.73 gear. Will be mostly a weekend fun car now. Still street legal and registered, but not very street friendly anymore. Will cruise at around 4k rpms on the highway @ 65mph...

Block was built to handle a huge two shot of nitrous, so a little juice will be possible if I so choose in the future if I want to get serious and hunt for single digits. It was built for a direct port two stage 500 shot... :unsure: . I'll be keeping it N/A though for now at least.

Oh, btw, did I mention I am still on the "glass" 10 bolt? :lol: It survived a few ~11.7's on motor with the last street/strip build...not counting on that much luck this time around, but rear ends are a dime a dozen down here at the junkyards. It will get a spooled 3.90 moser 12bolt once funds allow. Don't have the cash to get what I want done all at once, so I gotta take my time. This build is around 6 months in the making so far.

Holy crap. When you're used to turbo spec parts like myself, you see a stroker, 12.5:1 CR and a hydraulic rollers with 240/244 durations, that's INSANE. Sounds like it'll see some nitrous some day :)

NA cars that fast scare me. I like only pushing 100rwhp when I shift before 3K, lol I have a lot less traction and launch issues on the street. I can see how that isn't going to be very street-able.

I wish it wasn't so dangerous and illegal in NJ like it is - NO2 I mean. I'd like to see what my car could run with a little extra get-up.

Holy crap. When you're used to turbo spec parts like myself, you see a stroker, 12.5:1 CR and a hydraulic rollers with 240/244 durations, that's INSANE. Sounds like it'll see some nitrous some day :)

NA cars that fast scare me. I like only pushing 100rwhp when I shift before 3K, lol I have a lot less traction and launch issues on the street. I can see how that isn't going to be very street-able.

I wish it wasn't so dangerous and illegal in NJ like it is - NO2 I mean. I'd like to see what my car could run with a little extra get-up.

Lol, the high valve overlap takes some of the initial low end bite out of it. It will be more of a toy then a main mode of transportation, but I daily drove the last build in the same trim it ran 11.7s NA in so I have a bit different definition of "streetable" then most. If it can hold an idle at a stoplight at under a grand rpm, and can cruise at ~65mph below 5k rpms I'm good to go! This will be a whole different monster then the last build though :lol: I'm hoping for it to peak at around 6700rpms, but part of me is worried that the big cam will want to spin to closer to 7 grand. Problem with that is, the stock LT1 PCM cannot properly work past 7grand(6900 is about max), and a new aftermarket engine system that will allow that is big bucks. When I finally get it together and have it dyno tuned I will be sure to tell them to spin it until it either stops making power or the computer cant take it any higher. My tuner is going to kill me when he sees the cam they spec'd for me...its going to be a total pain to tune, and he is very picky about fine tuning cam surge and idle :lol:.

Honesty, if money was not an object I would have went single turbo low compression 383 with an aftermarket ECU. A 4.030borex3.75"stroke V8 at 7K rpms pumping a huge turbo at 20psi or so into a 6.3 liter engine is absolutely insane. Four digit horsepower numbers for sure...but a 5 digit price tag to do it all right :lol:.

It is a very fun hobby, no doubt. I'll be sure to take some video once I get it running - but it will be at least a month or so. I have a lot of other priorities and the car is often set on the back burner :(. I do not plan on putting any nitrous to it, just by personal choice.

My three rides.

2005 Nissan Frontier SE KC 4X4 Mods: K & N Intake, Dynomax Exhaust, Afmkt sound system, BFG All Terrain T/As

1993 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2 Yamaha DOHC V6 Mods: SHOSource Intake, Flowmaster Exhaust, BBBs, Zex Nitrous kit coming soon, still does 0-60 in about 7 seconds pretty good for a daily driver taurus with 174k on the clock.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharged Mods: 3.4 Pulley, K @ N Intake, Flowmaster Exhaust, 180 T stat, U bend Delete, PCM Reflash.

shofrontier.jpg

l_3be423609a9c63b7c121bb6391605301.jpg

Edited by troy5061

Found this car after getting into an accident with my last car. It was at a ridiculous price, and I was in the market for a RWD car, it has been babied ever since. Sorry pics are with the cell phone, not the best quality. It's a Mustang GT, 4.6l v8. I love driving the car, it's a blast.

So far performance wise, modified parts are: flowmaster exhaust(i think theyre 40's), bbk x-pipe, steeda underdrive pullies, k&n cold air intake, bbk throttle body, trick flow upper plenum, diablosport performance chip, performance clutch( last owner replaced it), and ive got a pair of BBK shorty headers sitting in my garage, but i have to pull the engine to install them....So i havent yet..

Future upgrades: 4.10 rear end gears, headers install, cams and heads, aluminum driveshaft, lowering the car and putting some big fat tires on the back accompanied with new wheels... i might end up swapping the stock gt front bumper with a cobra front bumper, cause i like them much more.

Just got the windows tinted today, first pic is the new tint, last pic is old tint.

0912081822biz8.th.jpg

0818081811bvk1.th.jpg

0815081237cp6.th.jpg

Edited by mrsinister

fab5ecb0.jpg

Get that trans am instead.

1969_pontiac_gto_judge_2(1).jpg

My Dream Car ^^^^^

Instead I will be getting a 1998 Ford Contour Sport Edition

i would like to have on of those, probaly never really drive it though

My Wrangler (offroad toy)

the only mods i did to it so far were the tires, offroad lights and nerf bars

bb1147c5.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently sporting one of these:

58317932_49ad8c08e2.jpg

It's the family car and since my brother left for Uni with his VW Golf Plus 1.9TDI (105HP) FWD, I got upgraded to the VW T5 Multivan 2.5TDI (174HP) 4WD :) It does really well off road actually! Ours is dark green though ;)