Official Post Your Ride Thread

d3bruts1d

th_og7.jpg
That looks "DOPE" with those lights, seriously it looks flippin awesome...

One question though (me being a n00b to WRX's), do the lights restrict airflow to the radiator/intercooler?

Or does the hood scoop provide airflow to those areas?

Edited by Andrewr05

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks "DOPE" with those lights, seriously it looks flippin awesome...

One question though (me being a n00b to WRX's), do the lights restrict airflow to the radiator/intercooler?

Or does the hood scoop provide airflow to those areas?

Thanks! :)

The airflow isn't blocked much at all if anything. There's plenty of room under the lamps for the radiator and the hoodscoop (for the intercooler) has a clean line of sight to the front. Never had any problems. Having an oversized race radiator also helps. :lol: (original radiator cracked so i upgraded)

The airflow isn't blocked much at all if anything. There's plenty of room under the lamps for the radiator and the hoodscoop (for the intercooler) has a clean line of sight to the front.
Well thats a good thing, it just seemed that it might restrict some air flow... ;)
Having an oversized race radiator also helps. :lol: (original radiator cracked so i upgraded)
Yeah I read that on your other forum... :D

• 4 months later...
I've had an addition since my last post in here, guess I may aswell add my current truck to the list:

173259A.JPG

454.jpg

1995 Chevy 2500 4x4

7.4L, 454 cubic inches of happiness

It already looks a little different, but not enough to go outside and take new pics right now :P.

I just looked over this thread again. I'm curious, that isn't the stock is it? I thought the 454s only came with the SSs?

• 4 weeks later...
I just looked over this thread again. I'm curious, that isn't the stock is it? I thought the 454s only came with the SSs?

And as i return, nope it's bone stock in the pics (and due to my car purchase over the summer more or less still is :lol:), the 454s were offered in the 2500/3500 models the whole time (though i think the 2500 was mostly restricted to the "heavy duty" version like mine (any of them with 8 lug wheels as it wasnt really advertised that there were two versions, one with 6 lug wheels resembling the parts from a 1500 Z71), though they are NOT the same 454 as the cars/the 90/91 1500 454SS You could also special order some of the pre '94 1500 models with the 454/6.2L diesel but honestly the one with a 6.2 in it that ive seen didnt do so well through the years as they more or less used the "light" version of the 2500 front end on it.

Now speaking of that "new" toy, here's the July purchase from last year, 2007 Cobalt SS/SC

And the best part (well that and the entirely non base coblat like suspension and tires)

See that sig image down there is of a real car :lol:

Another Subaru owner here...

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX. Mostly stock. ;)

Clicky for larger pics:

th_CarOnSand.jpg

th_og7.jpg

th_P1010087.jpg

th_post-36-1113830178.jpg

th_wide3.jpg

th_wide4.jpg

th_wide2.jpg

th_wide7.jpg

More car information/pics and mod list here:

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php?act=S...t=0#entry227513

Those are possibly the gayest lamps I've ever seen. And I'm saying that as a gay man.

But otherwise, not that bad of a car. I'll snap some pics of my Grand Prix soon... I hope... if we ever get a working camera.