Alienware Sure Convinced Me!

Ghost2520

I thought this was rather funny... Alienware has an article on their website that makes building pcs look bad. :lol:Custom Built vs. Alienware

Whats funny is they claim to have some technology called AlienRespawn which restores your computer to the day you bought it... hmm does this sound something like windows restore? But Alienware wouldn't lie about something like this just to get your business would they?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yea and in the time it takes to recieve your Alienware your system could be fully overclocked and setup to your exact specs.

and who the hell said that Troubleshooting was a Known fact to happen to All Custom Built Machines.

Not to mention there are computer stores that sell parts too. so you could have all the parts in one day possibly.

that is so much BS! <_<

someone should email them and see what they say.

The best reason to buy an Alienware computer:

img_build_01.jpg

There are many less-than-reputable distributors that are only interested in a quick sale rather than in your satisfaction

Now, if you look closely at the picture, you'll see Amazon's website at the front, with Newegg's website in the back. Hmm, I never knew those companies had bad reputations, maybe I should stop spending all my money at Newegg :D

Speaking of which, doesn't this constitute some form of slander? I bet if Newegg or Amazon found out about this, they could sue Alienware.

The best reason to buy an Alienware computer:

img_build_01.jpg

Now, if you look closely at the picture, you'll see Amazon's website at the front, with Newegg's website in the back. Hmm, I never knew those companies had bad reputations, maybe I should stop spending all my money at Newegg  :D

Speaking of which, doesn't this constitute some form of slander? I bet if Newegg or Amazon found out about this, they could sue Alienware.

410512[/snapback]

/me is emailing them both atm

Edit: Sent!

Alienware has put together a little site showing the reasons why buying from Alienware is a better idea than doing it yourself (building a computer).

The site contains numerous pages, including one "Shopping" page, describing how "There are many less-than-reputable distributors" when putting together your own computer.

If you look at the Do-It-Yourself image, there are four browser windows open.  The one on the top contains Amazon.com, and the one on the complete bottom contains Newegg.com

I would just like to inform you that Alienware is attempting to discredit your HIGHLY REPUTABLE, WONDERFUL company.

Thanks for your time, Charlie La Mothe.

Comments/fixes before i send it off? too bad, i already sent it :D

Edited by clamothe

I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF I HAVE TO BUY ALIENWARE :lol::lol:

only idiot's would believe that crap, there's nothing there that u can't eventualy do yourself

but i like that alien autopsy thingy i always wanted to do that

Edited by lt_navvara

dang you clamothe, I wanted to email them. Hey, maybe I should do it anyway. In fact, ALL of us should inform these companies about what Alienware has done in order to garner attention to it.

Did you see the picture that apparently custom PC's look like? Man I wish cool cases were available to custom builders! I'm tired of ONLY being able to by the standard beige case.

410507[/snapback]

Where did you get to see that?

Edited by BloodySunday