Sign in to follow this  
Ghost2520

Alienware Sure Convinced Me!

I just wrote a rather long message. If anyone cares to add anything to it before I send it, go right on ahead. (Sorry for the long post :bah:)

Recently, I was pointed to the Alienware "Buy vs. Build Comparison".  What I read was a bit peculiar, so I'll be picking the statements apart.

Shopping: "There are many less-than-reputable distributors that are only interested in a quick sale rather than in your satisfaction. Unfortunately, this requires you to evaluate not only the components, but the sources from which you obtain them, causing you to spend a lot more time configuring your self-built system than you would configuring an Alienware system."

I notice that for the DIY picture features Amazon.com and NewEgg.  Now, I never knew that NewEgg (with their 9.48 rating on resellerratings.com and Alienware with their 6.19) and Amazon.com were so terrible.  I mean, honestly, its not like my last ten purchases from both companies were phenomenal (insert rolling eyes picture).

Quality: "The quality of the workmanship on a self-built system is only as good as your level of expertise. Learning the proper procedures for installation requires instructional study. Practice makes perfect, but with the upfront investment for building a computer, this is not the time you want to experiment with trial and error."

Well, when is the time to experiment then?  If you never try something, you can't pick it up.  Trial and error is how I learned how to build computers, and I'd say that its the best.  Instructional study is ENTIRELY unnecessary.  Computer parts are designed to fit one way, and one way only, so if you're not doing something right, you should figure it out almost immediately.

Style: "No matter how much effort you put into perfecting the interior configurations of your self-built system, you could very well end up with a generic and bland off-the-shelf case that poorly reflects all your hard work. This results in you being stuck with a dull-looking system that lacks any sense of style and fails to catch anyone

HHHHMMMM.......lets see, I got my tech support right here at OCC, and I know and like the people here. And 9/10's of ya know more and have more on hand expirence. Why the hell would I want to talk to someone I don't know? And then wonder if they know what the hell there doing? There own people probably don't even buy there products!!

:withstupid:

Guest Silenc3

"No matter how much effort you put into perfecting the interior configurations of your self-built system, you could very well end up with a generic and bland off-the-shelf case that poorly reflects all your hard work. This results in you being stuck with a dull-looking system that lacks any sense of style and fails to catch anyone

i think EVERYONE should email them.. i did.. im sure a few others have had (as u can see)..... i also told them that everyone at OCC was disappointed.. thatd be funny to see an alienware techy drop by here to ask us for help to fix a customers computer

:withstupid: lol yea alienware isn't that great. actually wait alienware is pre-built which means they suck and ya know what...I Hate Pre-Built computers because they suck bigtime. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. I just did a price comparison with my main rig with close to the same rig from Alienware and guess what...I saved nearly $1k by NOT buying it from alienware and building it MYSELF.

Well, we must remmember, if we were working for alien wear we would do the same thing cause, there are stupid people that do believe whatever they see, so naturally it would bring in more money which is good, IF you worked for them.

I e-mailed them as well, where do they get off on trying to pull a stunt like this??

Here was my conclusion, the rest is to long...

"So, in conclusion, I will be contacting the previous companys on this insult towards them, and as well the community of people that I know who build custom rigs. I can understand the marketing tactic to try and bring in new people, but your company really should have thought it thru before the insults and high and mighty attitudes began. I used to think you were a respectable company, now you appear to be more of a whinny kid sitting in the corner, begging for attention. Congradulations, you got it.

Respectfully

C."

Hope that might ring there bell..... :P

omfg that was entertaining, I would love to see other pre builts do that! :D lmao that was funny

Darken-Sun awesome email reply :D You forgot to mention what case yuo had though.

I am wondering if they are going to reply to any of the emails

HHHHMMMM.......lets see, I got my tech support right here at OCC, and I know and like the people here.  And 9/10's of ya know more and have more on hand expirence.  Why the hell would I want to talk to someone I don't know? And then wonder if they know what the hell there doing?  There own people probably don't even buy there products!!

:withstupid:

410867[/snapback]

Considering the fact that tech support guys get paid next to nothing, I think the reason their own people don't buy their products is because they can't AFFORD to buy their products.

That was a nice letter, however, I'd suggest proofreading it to get rid of any spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors. This is supposed to be a serious thing, and it looks bad on your part that you couldn't spend the time doing something so simple (and no, spelling checking programs won't do it for you). Also, don't put in any smileys, it's unprofessional. Finally, try to minimize the sarcasm and present it more factually, cuz honestly, people who are insulted right from the beginning of a message usually delete it before getting to the end, where you made your strongest argument. Keep it simple, keep it relatively polite, and you'll get your message across.