Guys We Have A Problim

BabyBalrog

I was considering using the flash drive for the labs here at the community college, but I don't think the tech department is too happy with me after making a login script to open the port range for IRC. Boy, it would be pushing it to install F@H on all the systems here...

Good news though (even though it is in a small scale) I fixed the problem with my main rig and I got my mom's 2.4C (400MHz FSB =/) up and running. Any little bit helps I guess.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every little bit DOES help. And I'm all for Tech depts gettign involved. I haven't had much luck here but I'll keep trying.

And abotu the installign on a friends computer... It is part of teh licence agreement that the computers owner has knowledge about the program before it is installed. Several people ( thoguh non here thankgod) have used trojen Programs to install F@H. THAT IS WRONG... Ask before had, or semi seriously tell a less then savy person that you are testing their system for stability ( HECK IT DOES WORK) and then install it... Opps i didn't say that did I

I can't do anything more ATM than I am doing. All those who can fold that I know, won't. But in a few months, I'll have a P4 [email protected] folding 24/7 and hopefully a Dell folding 24/7. I may even be able to get a Pentium M in on this.

Sorry, that's the best I can do for now. I tell everyone with internet access about F@H, but they just laugh it off...........like they laugh at me.

I've got a few machines I could set to fold. However, they are set with 127.0.0.1 as their DNS server to keep the staff off the internet during work hours.

Is there a host file entry I could make which would allow them to connect to f@h without me manually having to change DNS servers?

I have had my rig folding constantly whenever it is on, but I had some issues with turning units in and it led to a lot of units not being finished or getting corrupted. In fact, I lost a 600 pointer just a few days ago due to a game crash (it was 3 frames from being finished...). I learned two things from that: first how many swear words I could string together in one sentence and why it is good to have dedicated folding rigs.

The solution to that is probably to bump the vcore a bit or lower your overclock I expect :P

Oh and if you need an incentive to keep folding... *does a secret 'give that person cancer' incantation on sandman* :)

The solution to that is probably to bump the vcore a bit or lower your overclock I expect :P

Oh and if you need an incentive to keep folding... *does a secret 'give that person cancer' incantation on sandman* :)

394503[/snapback]

LOL that is so Crule, but true, I guess it means a lotmore to people who have had a though relationship with Cancer. The real question is WHY NOT? F@H doesn't hurt you computers performance, but it does help society. I"d love to be able to have another contest, but how to target it to spreadding out not up is a hard thing. I liked the Idea about having a larger presence on th ehome page, but that is up to powers other then me.

OK question and I may step on some peoples toes here. But I can think of two BIG folders who we use to have who have stopped producing for the team. Does anyone know what happened? Did i miss a big fight while i was on vacation last summer??? Heck more like durring the fall sometime...

Anyways keep up the good work everyone. We aren't letting teh Nights get away from us.

Hey the flashdrive idea is good but is there a way of installing the client as a service without being administrator on that computer?

I bumped into this problem when i tried to install the old version of the client as a service. Otherwise i would put it on the all the machines at school and there are hundreds and hundreds.

Please make sure you have permission before installing folding on any machines. People have tried this in the past and generated all sorts of problems for Stanford. Stanford takes borging of machine very seriously.

Right, so PLEASE ask permission, because you can end up caustign yourself and the team a lot if you go abotu it wrong. Asking Tech people isn't the worst thing in the word and think abotu if they do agree they may know of more computers then you would ever think your school had.