Guys We Have A Problim

BabyBalrog

So as it seams production has picked up sence Christmas, some other teams have aparently picked up a lot more then us. The Nights who say Ni have DOUBLED their production in the past month! CustomPC has almost done the same 40,000 a day to 70,000 a day in a month. They have also increaded their active folders by nearly a third in that time.

So one team who we were catching is now pulling away and one team under us is catchign up. This is a serious problim!

What are we going to DO?!

I mean it's great to have all these people foldign, it really is, but it seams that as a TEAM we are slackign when it comes to spreading the word! I can still think of people who i haven't invited and i will soon. None of them have huge networks or servers that they administer, but every LITTLE helps. And maybe I'll never know those types, but I may invite someone who invites someone who does. That would be really awsome. I would hope they join us, but it would still be excellent for them to join our biggest rival as long as they were folding!

Now I know that a lot of us have push our limits folding, we're creative and come up with all sorts of ways to increase production. Jsut think of Taz's Retro army, some of us have gone out and bought computers Just To Fold! But that is asking a lot of a few people.

Therefor I propose that we do our best to get more people into folding. Let is spread like fire and take a life of its own. I don't know what else there is. If anyone has Ideas that would be welcomed, but personally I can't stress enough how important it is to talk about Folding.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be adding a dual Opteron 248 here in the next week or two and then that will be my limit of how many computers I can afford to build and run. With 6 single CPU rigs and two dualies I can't justify building anymore right now. My room is hotter than hades right now as it is :P

I guess I'm really posting out of personal agrivation. I can't afford to buy machine jsut to fold. So what else is there for me to do? I feel like people hit that wall right after they get into folding. For the Contest or whatever, but they stop gettign excited after that, they are liek "kewl I'll do it" but it really needs to be "kewl I'll help spread the word"

All I ask is that we do what we can

EDIT: Every is posting abotu "I'll add" but that's not the point ( though I'm happy you are) The point is you are going to hit your limit wherever that is, and then what will you do?

Answer: Spread the Folding!

If anyone has an extra socket A processor lying around I could get for cheap, I could have another rig up and folding in a matter of a few hours. I guess I can get my mom's rig going as well, but it isn't exactly the most stable thing around =/

F@H is going to be replacing Prime95 for burn-in on all CBW prebuilts starting next month. EVERY prebuilt will run it for 72 hours... that means ALL the sempron 2200's right up thru the top of the line Leviathans (FX's, P4's, and high end 64's) will each be pumping it out. considering that could be anywhere from 20-500 systems at a time it should help.

All I ask is that we do what we can

EDIT: Every is posting about "I'll add" but that's not the point ( though I'm happy you are) The point is you are going to hit your limit wherever that is, and then what will you do?

I did not know there was a limit, new news to me. I now got the sick 3.0C folding that I loaned out to a friend, its about half way with 2 600 pointers. I got everything else on Tilt, one more notch and errors, I have 22 running 24/7 and fixing to put the new 3.0C together, finnaly since I got ever thing else running. My dad is in the process of get high speed that will be 2 more machines a 1.6a that OC to almost 1900mhz the other is a Compjunk 1.5a and I am sure hes going to want me to build him some faster machines since he has been using mine at the office and bragging to his buddys how fast they are, and its about time for me to make another trip to frys friday for 2 somethings. I have places to put them and I think I might have my dads running buddy or friend (they both have money) talked into joining also, now this guy does not work and paid $1,000,000.00 in inheratance tax how much he got I do not know? and hes been asking a lot of questions so I may be building him some machines. I just remembered the 2 acreas I own on the left of me has a slab from a 3 story that burned down years ago and there is electric and a water well right there not being used, woods all on my land to the right I was over taken by reem01 last night or today so its time for more machines.I am not letting up, I just find it hard to find free time to put machines together. If we could get ever member on OCC to fold with (just 1 PC) or more 24/7 we would start climbing the ranks.

Edit: took back 2nd from reem01 :)

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

I have had my rig folding constantly whenever it is on, but I had some issues with turning units in and it led to a lot of units not being finished or getting corrupted. In fact, I lost a 600 pointer just a few days ago due to a game crash (it was 3 frames from being finished...). I learned two things from that: first how many swear words I could string together in one sentence and why it is good to have dedicated folding rigs.

EDIT:

I have just now started this bloody WU for the 3rd freaking time. Something else on this rig is messing with the F@H console and causing it to die for some reason. Don't ask me how or why, but i am leaving my PC untouched until this freakin unit is done. 3 more days until it is done :(