The Keyboards

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, old keyboard comin up :P

I have the Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro.... I dont think that any retail store still has em. For me, I like split keyboards...more natural to type with. That and you can map all the buttons you need on one side of the keyboard ;) This one is special cuz it has 2 USB ports on the top (1.0 though).

why get some fancy board that does all the same junk all the others can do?

i use a super high performance Mitsumi KFK-EB9HY :P

all the web junk, volume, play functions, and the most unique feature.... keys

hotkeys_keyboard.jpg

found everywhere for under $12 and is available in black or white

I like my ms natural keyboard. (one of those where the keys are split down the middle) Its really comfortable, but for gaming, it renders the right half of the keyboard useless in most fps games. To me keyboards dont matter as much as other things such as the mouse, they all have the same layout and have the same general feel.

I used to have a really nice Viewsonic keyboard that was quiet, had a bunch of extra keys (which ironically, I rarely used), and this nice scroll thing on the left side; all of this was for $16.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-150-004&depa=0

Then I bought the Saitek Gamers' Keyboard. Man, I used to think my previous keyboard was quiet, but this new one is much more SILENT by comparison. It also looks amazing. I really don't miss all the extra function keys because the only ones I need (volume) are on the keyboard. The ones I did use were the browsing ones, but those can be easily mapped onto the Command Pad, which is also really nice and convenient since you can hold it like a remote while browsing.

The design of the keyboard is also really nice. Everybody seems to comment on my keyboard before looking through my case window and finding a bunch of lights and other mods. I like the simplicity of it. The keys are also spaced perfectly apart, so my relatively large hands hit the keys perfectly. No more "fat fingering" the keys.

Unfortunately, I still have a Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue. I want to get a new mouse, and I can't decide whether I want to go wireless or not. It's either the MX510 (Blue) or the MX1000. I hear the MX1000 jumps when you pick it up, so that's a con for that. The only con for the MX510 would be that I'd have to stick with a cord. (Sorry if this seems like a hijack)

Edited by kashk5

I LOVE MY MICROSOFT INTERNET KEYBOARD PRO, i love it, i had it since it first came out, and it still works. lmfao it survived various pepsi and coca-cola spills while i was playing games years ago lol. still love it.

246.jpg

O ya. The Labtec Internet Keyboard.

Features:

Access the web, open e-mail, search, or launch your favorite web sites using one-touch Internet keys

Play CDs, MP3 files and DVDs, mute and change volume using easy one-touch controls

Navigate web pages and documents easily with the mouse's scroll wheel

Spill resistant design lets liquids go through in case of accidental spills*

Stylish keyboard design with integrated palm-rest

2-year limited warranty

The mouse was a total piece of monkey crap. I replaced it with an MX1000 (great mouse). I never use any of the Extra Keys. (Especially how the multimedia keys don't work with winamp.)