Will This System Last For Gaming/overclock?

bluemaverick

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont see why everyone regrets getting socket 754 because dual channel barely shows a real world performance in anything not noticable atleast on my friends comp same as mine just socket 939 theres no performance increase so just get the mobo you like and get the cpu you can afford and get a gig of ram and a nice vid card and that will last you a couple years

That DFI board seems to get some super good review too. I guess the only thing is that the dual channel do not exist on 754.... my asnwer is simple....NO MSI for me! I do not mind Giga-byte or Asus.....but never a MSI person on mobo.....any other recommandation? KT800 or nforce3? If I do not stick with nforce3....then I have more option like Abit or Asus.

Edited by bluemaverick

actually the MSI NF3 mobos are pretty good, im happy with mine. the DFI is one sweet socket 754 mobo had a friend i help install one in his rig and it overclcoks like a dream. the ASUS 939 board sucks imho had a friend of mine build one on it and the bios is horrible.

yea I have a 754 Athlon 64 3200 and a msi k8n neo PE and its good , but i would probably go 939 and neo2 . Maybe pc club will let me bring mine back and exchange it for that .

But yea I would go with a bigger power supply like 500-600 watt and get the BFG 6800 gt (Lifetime Warranty)

Good luck