Will This System Last For Gaming/overclock?

bluemaverick

AMD 64 3000+

DFI Lanparty UT250 nforce3 Socket 754

Corsair XMS 1GB Dual Channel Kit 2-2-2-5

2 WD 200Gb SATA Drive (400 Total)

MSI 6800GT 256MB AGP

LG DVDROM

LG 52X CDRW

LG 16X DVD-writer Dual Layer

Thermaltake 120MM Big Water Water Colling Kits (may add VGA block later)

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Aluminum Case

Thermaltake Pure Power 420W Power Supply

Want to wait for the DFI LP Socket 939 mobo but called DFI and told that it will be another 2-3 months. If this will last me 2 years...I should be ok.

Will I able to overclock with this ram? (I already have the RAM)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was me I would go with the Neo2 Platinum (or wait for NF4 Neo4) and use a 90nm 3200 or 3000 90mn socket 939. I would also go with either a Leadtek or BFG 6800 GT. You also really don't nee 400Gb of storage. (most ppl anyway) I would go with 2 80Gb in a SATA RAID. I would also go with a better power supply like a X-connect 500 or something comparable. Thermaltake is not really known for great power supplies.

Edited by txtiggerr

If it was me I would go with the Neo2 Platinum (or wait for NF4 Neo4) and use a 90nm 3200 or 3000 90mn socket 939. I would also go with either a Leadtek or BFG 6800 GT. You also really don't nee 400Gb of storage. (most ppl anyway) I would go with 2 80Gb in a SATA RAID. I would also go with a better power supply like a X-connect 500 or something comparable. Thermaltake is not really known for great power supplies.

Haha sounds like my new system btw coolmax 550w psu bta it should last you for awhile

I'm really impressed with my MSI mobo. At first, I wasn't to sure of it, but it's the best nf3 s939 mobo on the market, so I bought it. It's actaully very very nice. I'd recomennd it and a 90nm A64. S939 has dual channel and a 2ghz HTT, which does make a difference in perforamnce compared to S754. IT's a small difference, but it is a difference.