John Kerry Said So..wait John Kerry Didn't

The_Goonie

John Kerry was stupid to even run he claimed to be for american security while when he was in the senate he was one of the votes that did away with so much of our military it wasnt even funny

it was enough personel and equipment to arm a small country very well

John Kerry was stupid to run? He lost by 3%.

apperantly not to many people did any homework like i did when i spent about 4 hours reading the senates votes about military cuts

its my opinion that if your name has a yes vote next to it you should not run for the presidentcy and claim to be for american security when you were one of the people voting to can that same security

John Kerry was stupid to run? He lost by 3%.

Well it was 51% - 48%, but if you look at raw numbers, Bush had 3.5 million more votes than Kerry which is rather substantial, especially when you consider the hoopla in 2000. That 3.5 million margin is 6% of Kerry's votes.

Kerry wasn't stupid to run. He was stupid in the WAY he ran. He squandered opportunities, and didn't relate to the people. His first mistake was selecting Edwards. Kerry didn't even win Edwards' home state of North Carolina! What does that say about Edwards if he can't even capture his own state?! Bush won 56% to 44% in N.C!

One of the most telling statistics I've seen so far are the breakdown of votes for each party. Granted, exit polls aren't too accurate (as they favored kerry overall), but here's an interesting stat:

% of Democrats voting for Kerry: 89%

% of Democrats voting for Bush: 11%

% of Republicans voting for Bush: 93%

% of Republicans voting for Kerry: 6%

People are often stubborn about crossing party lines, and I think it's interesting how Kerry was so confident in a victory, yet his own party members didn't trust him as much as one would expect. Whereas with Bush, he faired better with his fellow party members.

the argument that if there is a 'yes' by a vote it means something is highly suspect. Many times there are pieces shoe-stringed onto bills that a senator may not agree with. While the bill itself deserves to be passed, if there is an additional proviso that does not make sense, than a 'no' vote is warranted. That is why that argument does not make entirely good sense. This applies to both kerry's and bush's voting records. Things are often more complicated than they appear.

the argument that if there is a 'yes' by a vote it means something is highly suspect. Many times there are pieces shoe-stringed onto bills that a senator may not agree with. While the bill itself deserves to be passed, if there is an additional proviso that does not make sense, than a 'no' vote is warranted. That is why that argument does not make entirely good sense. This applies to both kerry's and bush's voting records. Things are often more complicated than they appear.

I have read the bills, they are available on Congress's website. He wanted to eliminate the Bradley M1 fighting vehicle, Apachi Helicopter, and several other key equipment that the army uses. Voting YES meant DECREASING, not INCREASING our military expenditures. If you vote AGAINST military expenditures, then it is pretty self explanitory.