Looking Towards An Asus

Do you have to live with one? <_<

How about this........I work in the IT department at the International Headquarters of Joe Weider Nutrition in Salt Lake City. We have been using ASUS boards in our workstations since 1995 and we RARELY have any problems with them. I mean we still have old asus boards with pentium 133's running perfecty on our manufacturing lines. Not to mention I am talking about well over 1,000 workstations. I am not saying DFI or ABIT or MSI are bad, just a little surprised to hear complaints about ASUS so often. They really are good boards in my experience.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this........I work in the IT department at the International Headquarters of Joe Weider Nutrition in Salt Lake City. We have been using ASUS boards in our workstations since 1995 and we RARELY have any problems with them. I mean we still have old asus boards with pentium 133's running perfecty on our manufacturing lines. Not to mention I am talking about well over 1,000 workstations. I am not saying DFI or ABIT or MSI are bad, just a little surprised to hear complaints about ASUS so often. They really are good boards in my experience.

That's all cool and good, but what about the newer ASUS boards? ASUS quality has gone downhill a lot since recently, maybe a year or so.

Try building a P4 system around an ASUS P4C800-E DLX and tell me how pleased you are with it. :bah:

I actually have one (but it's not the deluxe) with a 2.8c on it and I think it works great, I also have one with a P4P800 deluxe and it seems fine. Maybe we are talking about different things here.... Are we talking merely overclocking ability? Or stability, quality, design, etc?

My favorite rig which is in my signature has a Gigabyte board and has given me nothing but problems, it hasn't been running for almost a month now because I am so frustrated with it. Maybe it's time to try Abit on that rig <_<

Edited by Neo

Stability, and quality mostly. My ASUS board seems to have some problems with its onboard sensors, it will just freeze when reading from them a lot of the time, especially with a fan at high power. I have tried upping the vCore a few notches (stock speed, mind you) and it still does the same.

I also have an issue about how IRQ's get assigned with this board. The video card and USB controllers are all linked to the same IRQ, making games a bit of a problem.

Well, I have seen the IC7-MAX3 as it is a product that I sell at my workplace. I will tell you right now, that the IC7-MAX3 is more robust then the P4C800 series from Asus and is the better board of the ABit/DFI 875P wars.

Edited by FxXP

Thats just the phase design of the Asus boards. ABit had the same problem with one revision of their IS-10 till they updated it to include a 3-phase power design.

Edited by FxXP