Looking Towards An Asus

I am looking to upgrade my Abit IS-7 mobo to either an IC-7 Max II/III or an ASUS equevalent. What is an ASUS board, P4 socket 478, that is around the same price range ($140) & and is in the same preformance range as an IC7-Max II?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Gives each one a beer*

Lol if your looking into getting an ANUS then heres what i gotta tell ya

Keep Looking :P

The DFI is a great board. Awesome ocing potential and it looks really badass. Everyone buys the Max3 because they see OTES and they crap their pants thinking its the solution to solve all problems. Frankly It looks kinda useless. I will admit to the max3 having active cooling on the NB. Something that increases stability, but adding a fan to the NB of the DFI Lanparty isnt hard.

We don't need any teasing of brands like that, it is totally unnessecary. ;)

Don't ever buy an ASUS, though. I have one now and it's quite possibly the worst board ever. Basically, you can add all the features from better boards (ABIT, DFI) but that's not a guarantee that it will be good. Actually, when you compare say the ASUS P4C800-E DLX, you're not getting nearly as much as the DFI Lanparty PRO875B, and they cost about the same.

If you can get your hands on one for a reasonable price, the ABIT IC7-MAX3 is arguably one of the best boards you can get.