Looking Towards An Asus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i heard alot of bad things about ASUS but never actually tried one. My one ex-g/f's dad had an asus, and he was all proud telling me he had his computer OCed but i went to find out later in life, it wasnt OCed much at all...poor little guy..haha...anyways

I have an ABIT now, and it performs quite amazingly if thats a good word to use. I would have stuck with them but wanted to try something else. So I got an MSI for my new set of upgrades, the chip isnt here yet though so i cant comment on that manufacturer either. Though sandman has been having some OCing problems with his MSI board haha...poor guy.

MSI rocks...I've had great experiences with them. (K8N Neo Platinum, PT880 FISR, K7N2 Delta-L, 745 Ultra) I've loved each one of those boards. I also had awesome experiences with Albatron boards. Those two tend to be my personal favorite.

Everyone buys the Max3 because they see OTES and they crap their pants thinking its the solution to solve all problems

Uh, no. Many people buy this board because it's a good board. OTES is just a nifty feature, not the end-all.

I am reminded once again why I hate this board with a passion. Something is wrong with the sensors on the board, so everytime the computer boots up, it freezes hard when MBM5 loads, it does the same thing nearly everytime I start any monitoring software. So everytime I boot-up it takes three, four, or maybe even five times before it finally loads smoothly.