Talkin' A Litlle Trash

Nemo

I just got permission from my boss to install folding@home on the work computers.....thats 15 computers, all P4's and most are running the 3.0ghz processors, should be able to bang off a few wu's!!!!! As soon as I get back to work my rank should climb high :ph34r::ph34r::foldon:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got permission from my boss to install folding@home on the work computers.....thats 15 computers, all P4's and most are running the 3.0ghz processors, should be able to bang off a few wu's!!!!! As soon as I get back to work my rank should climb high :ph34r::ph34r::foldon:

WOW, that would be sweet. You should be able to crank out some serious stuff!

how do you put 2 instances of folding on a computer?

just install two instances of it and put them in different folders. then open the client.cfg file in Notepad and change the Machine ID number to 2 or something different than the other client.cfg file on the other instance. I think that's all.

Oh well, I tried to hold you off. :):foldon:

just install two instances of it and put them in different folders. then open the client.cfg file in Notepad and change the Machine ID number to 2 or something different than the other client.cfg file on the other instance. I think that's all.

This is only advisable on a hyper-threaded or multi-processor machine.

I just got permission from my boss to install folding@home on the work computers.....thats 15 computers, all P4's and most are running the 3.0ghz processors, should be able to bang off a few wu's!!!!! As soon as I get back to work my rank should climb high

OK, this means war, looks like I got smacked by my own smack: :lol: I'll still get you one day- keep lookong over your shoulder :foldon::foldon:

Ohh Noo Man dont tell me, I am going to have to build another dozen or so machines to hold my position! I am going to have to buy a bigger house to go along with all of them and a bigger electrical service also!

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner