Browser Wars

d3bruts1d

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: konqueror comes before aol ... dillo comes before konqueror... links and lynx (links2 graphical moe is great by the way) before ie

dillo < konqueror < aol < netscape < lynx < links < ie < firefox < opera

:rolleyes: links might be just above ie... dunno. Oh an I never used AOL thing, so konqueror might be above that... dillo no no though :)

poor old 800mhz laptop! i'll see what it's like on my desktop... and edit the post.

EDIT: I would use the browser wars linux thread, if I could post there :P I tried one day and it gave an error... just.....like......"error: " with nothing after it. Tried again the next day and it was page cannot be found thing :)

edit: much the same speed on ye desktop pootery.

What everyone is trying to say here is that Opera and FireFox both are excellent choices over IE which seems to be an internet death trap filled with malicious code waiting to attack it. No matter which browser you choose, you'll be sure to love it. The main concept is that there are alternative browsers out there aside from IE, people just need to realize it and just try them out.

What everyone is trying to say here is that Opera and FireFox both are excellent choices over IE which seems to be an internet death trap filled with malicious code waiting to attack it.

Such a shame too. IE used to be the speed and features king. Bummer that MS let it fall so far behind.

On the upside, I'm making a lot of money this year cleaning out spyware leftover from IE sessions and converting people to firefox using the OCC download link.

/shrug

well, netscape was the ruler back in 1994, but then they fell behind to ie. now ie's time has gone and opera/ff are the new rulers. i haven't tried opera out yet, but the idea of either paying for a browser, and letting ads run kinda bothers me.

well, netscape was the ruler back in 1994, but then they fell behind to ie.  now ie's time has gone and opera/ff are the new rulers.  i haven't tried opera out yet, but the idea of either paying for a browser, and letting ads run kinda bothers me.

As stated many times before, Opera is free d@mmit!

You only pay to remove the ads which dont take up any extra space. It's far better than firefox. I tried ff and hated it. It's just a souped up IE, Opera is a completely new interface with hundreds of features. Oh yeah, and it's the "Fastest browser on earth" :D

Edited by HomerJaySimpson

I tried ff and hated it. It's just a souped up IE, Opera is a completely new interface with hundreds of features. Oh yeah, and it's the "Fastest browser on earth" :D

What are you talking about??? Souped up IE? It's nothing like IE, no sheared code, nothing. Firefox is a gecko based browser... If anything it's like Opera, with less features native to it.

Besides, you gotta remember, it's still not even reached 1.0 release yet. Though, yesterday's nightly build is incredible, finally got most of the TBP and TBE features in it natively, this will happen more and more towards the 1.0 milestone and I see alot of people moving form Opera, too :P