Browser Wars

d3bruts1d

does anyone use avant browser, it is built on IE but much better with its own options and tabbed browsing, i also think it is faster but how could that be if it is built on top of IE, anyone should check it out it's great, def faster then firefox :foldon:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone use avant browser, it is built on IE but much better with its own options and tabbed browsing, i also think it is faster but how could that be if it is built on top of IE, anyone should check it out it's great, def faster then firefox :foldon:

yes i use avant browser. love everthing about it! :D

Hmmm... lol, when FF was still in 0.8 I used AiO mouse gestures, as there was no support for my shoulder buttons on my mouse (buttons 7+8) in Linux (not tried gestures in Windows version, though) I got soooo frustrated with it. I'm so glad that the 0.9 RC supports them...

I'm giving Firefox 0.8 a try, twice downloaded the extension to enable mouse gestures. Still no gestures. Will 0.8 not support them? What about 0.9, that's still an experimental version, isn't it?

.9 is now an official release, but if you search the forums youll find a thread that I talked about .9 just today. That thing is as buggy as a dead tree in the forest. Stick with .8. Its much better.

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

YEA avant browzer all the way i cant stand anything else i love how you hold right click and hit left click and you go back, and vise versa

• 4 weeks later...
YEA avant browzer all the way i cant stand anything else i love how you hold right click and hit left click and you go back, and vise versa.

But surely a browser based on IE will have all the security flaws IE has, too... My main reason for moving to FF.

adrenalinepcs: You need to download the extension specific to your version of the browser. If you're using Windows, download the 0.92 version and use the extension manager to locate the AiO gestures extension.

Phil: Netcaptor has tabbed browsing, and adblock and pop-up blocking. AFAIK it is IE with these advantages built-in.

• 2 months later...

Opera is good, I use it on my Laptop. Compiling a program in the background Opera takes 11 seconds to start on the first run, versus 20 seconds for Firefox. Second run Opera takes 6 seconds and Firefox takes 11 seconds :) Maybe that's improved in version 1.0...