Browser Wars

d3bruts1d

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thing is those who don't want IRC/Email in Opera, it can be removed quickly by selecting 1 box in the settings. It is also very small (2.8M smaller than FF), loads fast, loads pages faster, and has a ton of viewing space. ;) Basically all the same reasons why Kevin likes FF. ;)

Been giving Opera a try, I like it a lot, every day I discover something new it can do. Can't go back to surfing w/o mouse gestures, that's for sure. Don't know about Firefox, but IE is history.

well i used to be one of the microsoft zombies thinking, okay ie does all that i need to to so there is no point in using anything else. Well could I have been more wrong? upgraded to firefox a few weeks ago. I will never go back to ie, ever,ever ...... FIREFOX RULES!

I think I've encountered something that IE can do that Opera can't, or maybe I'm just missing something obvious. When I right click on an image on the net with IE, I can select "send email" or something similar, and the create mail page from my default email client pops up with the image already attached, just address and send. I don't get that option with Opera, I can't copy/paste either, (won't paste), I have to save to file. There must be an easier way, right?

tried opera and firefox and i choose firefox i just didnt like opera

Ditto. I've tried them all, and I can't put a finger on it, but I honestly prefered firefox. Of course, maybe I am biased, I have been using it since it's pheonix days. ;)

I like the large viewing area and the sleekness of the interface. Its very intuitive and easy to quickly navigate. FF gives you exactly what you need, but no frills to distract you, which makes for a streamlined, efficient, and enjoyable browsing experience. :)

The most encouraging part of this thread is that people are honestly moving away from IE (by the truckloads). It looks like Microsoft may have to work for their money again.

Edit: I had to find the link again, but I thought you all might find this site entertaining. It is titled (fittingly) Browser Wars And its a setup of connect four games in which you support your browser by placing tokens. A little hard to explain, but check it out:

http://www.stephenbrooks.org/browserwars/index.php

Edited by ravix

• 2 weeks later...
Been giving Opera a try, I like it a lot, every day I discover something new it can do.  Can't go back to surfing w/o mouse gestures, that's for sure.

Hmmm... lol, when FF was still in 0.8 I used AiO mouse gestures, as there was no support for my shoulder buttons on my mouse (buttons 7+8) in Linux (not tried gestures in Windows version, though) I got soooo frustrated with it. I'm so glad that the 0.9 RC supports them...

Well, for certain, I'm never going back to IE. EV4R!!

AFAIK FF1.0 will do everything Opera can do with one advantage... ITS FREE!!!!