For The Serious Gamer...

Ghost2520

mna doom was my first computer game that i ever played, yep i remember the cheat cotes still as well, iddqd was invinsible, idka was all weapons and idspispopd was walk through walls. god i loved doom. i wonder where my disks are?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clost sly...

IDDQD was techincally "God Mode" :P

IDFA was full weapons + ammo.

IDKFA was full weapons + ammo + door keys.

IDDT was for various things when you were on the map. (It showed full map, where people were, were items were, etc., in a cycle)

IDSPISPOPS was "No Clipping"

clost sly...

IDDQD was techincally "God Mode" :P

IDFA was full weapons + ammo.

IDKFA was full weapons + ammo + door keys.

IDDT was for various things when you were on the map. (It showed full map, where people were, were items were, etc., in a cycle)

IDSPISPOPS was "No Clipping"

and what is "god mode" it means ur invinsible and what is "no clipping," it means you can walk through walls.

In 1993, me & my mom got another computer from my grandfather, this time an 8086 (was that the model right after 8088?)  I think it was. 

In 1995, we upgraded to Windows with a Pentium MMX @ 33 MHz.

this is the order in wich intel chips appeared (not including xeon and itanium)

8086 (the first PC ever, referas as simply PC or IBM-PC)

8088 (the next generation, called PC-XT)

80286 (called PC-AT)

80386sx (the first 32-bit pc, but software was still 16-bit)

80386dx (includes math co-processor)

80486sx

80486dx

80486dx2 (multipliers begun to have importance in these days)

80486dx4 (PCI bus appeared arround these days, also USB)

Pentium

Pentium PRO

Pentium MMX (MP3 begun to be supported by most PCs arround these days)

Pentium II

Pentium III

Pentium IV

One thing I don't really know is at wich point AMD turned from an intel clone into it's own architecture. In the 486 days AMD chips were pretty much interchangeable with Intel.

and BTW, the Pentium MMX 33 never existed, the slowest pentium chip was 60MHz (it has the infamous pentium bug) and the slowes pentium MMX run at 75 MHz, so I'm guessing wour system was running at 133MHz

Edited by cGrUnDy

mna doom was my first computer game that i ever played, yep i remember the cheat cotes still as well, iddqd was invinsible, idka was all weapons and idspispopd was walk through walls. god i loved doom. i wonder where my disks are?

I think doom was my first too, mmm, bad graphics(by todays standards), streo sound, blowing stuff up, guts flying, good times. Think it will even run on a modern sdystem. I could not get sound out of dark forces, which is of simmilar ventage. Those where the days. See what it looks like on a 19in monitor. j/k

ha got ya all beat my family used fingers and toes to caculate lol ...but seriously just imagine what othes will say about our rigs 10 to 15 years from now ? probable the same thing

Kinda scray, we will say that back in the day we only had 2D tv like displays & 5.1 soround sound was considered good. None of that vr stuff. :lol:

lol, i wish we still had old BBS's.... i wonder if i could dail into that BBS now...lol.

Edit: I remember my familys first computer... we paid 2 grand for it. It was a 486 with windows 3.11,16megabites of ram.... i dont think it was over 100mhz

Edited by p8baller07

No, it could not have been over 100mhz, I think the things only came in 33 & 66 the next chip was the pemtum 75, sombody say so if I'm wrong. I wonder of you could o/c one to 100. :lol: B)

I just remembered didn't jarasic park come out in 1993? how many pentum 75 boxes would you need to render computer generated danisours? Just an off topic rememberence.

lol, i wish we still had old BBS's.... i wonder if i could dail into that BBS now...lol.

Edit: I remember my familys first computer... we paid 2 grand for it. It was a 486 with windows 3.11,16megabites of ram.... i dont think it was over 100mhz

yeah, i remember BBS, it was what me and my friend got programs from before the internet took off, back when i was trying to learn HTML script, i should have stuck with that...........hindsight is 20/20 <_<

Haha, we had the greatest thing ever: a 10mhz laptop with 2mb ram, no hdd, two 3.5" floppies, and a monochrome lcd display. It had slowdown playing tetris. :lol:

We also had a good old 386 machine with 4mb ram, like a 150mb hard drive, and the usual 5.25" and 3.5" floppies. I actually had this machine until 2000 when we moved from NY to NC. It ran Tie-fighter and x-wing well enough, as long as there weren't more than a few ships on screen at once, lol. Oh, and the turbo button rocked...were you ever supposed to turn it off? I just left it on all the time...the thing never died, lol.

you know what were the best comps ever?

AMIGA 500+ a whopping 3MHz but graphics like you never seen before!!

even a P2 450 couldn't keep up with the amiga 500+

we even owned a AMIGA 4000 and it beat the crap out of ANY computer that was on the market back then...it was like 6 MHz....

but my first computer was an MSX....or was it a commodore....hhhmmm.....

lol I got you guys all beat by a mile.... My grandfather (who passed away back in 2000) worked in the Army and he had first hand experience with the... yes thats right... the one, the only, THE ENIAC!!! My grandfather actually used to run "programs" on the ENIAC back in the day lol. He had pictures upon pictures with him next to the ENIAC and books that have been declassified a long time ago with codes and crap like that to be used for the ENIAC. I remember him telling me stories about the war and how he lived durring the ages where computers still used vacuum tubes. Ahhhhh this brings back so many memories lol. When i have time, i gotta post some pictures of the books and pictures that i had sitting in a box downstairs lol.

EDIT: I wonder what kind of games that sucker could run..... i think it had a -128MB ATI .009800 graphics card and a Pentium 5/8 .38Mhz processor with subhyper "knitting" lol.

Edited by Newport