For The Serious Gamer...

Ghost2520

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread, brings back memories.

When I was in the 5th and 6th grade, I used to learn BASIC on Apple IIe's--the pimprig of the bunch actually had 2 5 1/4" drives!

In the 6th grade, I bought a Commodore Vic 20 from a friend... 4k of memory and a casette tape drive, weeeee (16k of memory with the expansion CARTRIDGE)

My first real PC was my 386sx25, no cd-rom, 2mb ram, 80mb hdd, dos 5, win 3.11. First game I really enjoyed on it was Wing Commander 2 and Wolf3d.

It died eventually and I ended up using a 286 10 with no hdd and just a floppy drive with a monocrome monitor--it was all I needed at the time cause all I'd do was log onto BBS's. I could fit {COMMO} (best term program EVER), QEdit, TheDraw (ansi editor), and a couple of other files on one disk and it ran like silk. I miss those days.

I remember when the DX2/66 came out, it was all the rage. Seemed like everyone got one of those god awful Packard Bells... Those things would fry so easily.

My history: Commodore Vic20 > 386sx25 > 286 10 > 386slc40 (or something), pentium 75 laptop, pentium mmx 200 laptop, pentium II 400 (first one I wanted to overclock, but just couldn't figure out a good way to do it), athlon xp 1800, barton 2800. It's been a fun 12 years.

Bruce

Guest ThermalGuru

I love this thread too.

My history.

Vic-20 (13-14 years old)

TSR-80 (14-15 years old)

(Went Arcade Style. Put alot of miles on my Chrome Moly Mongoose Bike.)

80286 (Connected to CompuServe and University of Louisville) (Late Teenage years.)

80386 (Tech School/Internship Years)

(Served in the military 4 years, took a break.)

80486DX (Running my own Drafting Business from home.)

Celeron 1.8 (Video Game Junkie. Drafting/Designing)

P4 3.0 (Computer Game Grandfather. Design/Engineering)

Platform Gaming?

This what I have not owned.

Sega Dreamcast. Never have I played on it either.

Edited by ThermalGuru

Guest ThermalGuru
How about this flashback. This was my first computer:

LOL,

I can hear the clanking of the keys from here.

Edited by ThermalGuru

Got all of you beat.

I used a typewriter.

Typewriters have their uses, job applications & other forms. I have yet to meet anyone who could tell me how to put a writer form thruogh an inkjet. Pen & paper work just fine for a great many things.

I remember when the DX2/66 came out, it was all the rage.
I had one 4 meg ram dos + win 3.11. Slow in windows but fun for dos games.

My first comp was a laptop, I think it had something like a 50 mb hard drive or less. It was REALLY small. 24 mhz, Windows 3.1, black and white. I remember I was pissed off cause it didn't even have enough hard drive space to install Wing Commander (I think that was the name of the game :blink: )