Anyone Interested To Atart

bloodking

I vote for as long as you have OCC in your tag it doesnt matter what it should look like. That way everyone could have the tag the way they like it, and they would all still say occ.

andrusk, no offense, but that's TERRIBLE idea. To the "outside world", that makes us look very unorganized and disorriented. There needs to be a general format that everyone follows. In addition, if someone has OCC|name and another person has {oCc}name then a lot of people may think it's two separate clans. Just a very bad idea IMHO.

If it has to come down to vote, then let's do it that way...we can create a poll with all the choices if we can't agree to one here, and majority rules. If the majority is only by a small margin...like 5 or less, than we can take the top 2 choices and make a separate poll where everyone must choose only between those 2 options. Just to make sure that we have one that most of the people are happy using.

BTW, just in my experience, do NOT use any tag with ~ in it. Then you can never change your name ingame using the console, because hitting the tilda opens and closes the console...at least this is how it was in CS...like some ppl would change their name from OCC|ClayMeow to OCC|ClayMeow.Knives.Only or OCC|ClayMeow.AFK or something to that effect to let others aware of what they're doing.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it would be shot down. You didnt have to be so harsh though. You could have just said its a bad idea.

Anyway, I agree. I was gonna make a poll, but I guess I'll leave that up to you, since you like the idea so much ;)

sorry about being so harsh....hope you don't take any of this personal.

Anyways, no you can go make the poll if you'd like. You know all the different options better than me i think. Or leave it up to someone else. shrug. We can wait and see what others think. If you want me to make a poll and don't want to do it yourself, then just list all the different options you want listed in the poll.

I dont even care so much about the tags as I do about getting the servers up and running. But yeah, once we get some more ideas on what kind of tags people want. Ill go ahead and make the poll.

No its just the server. It doesnt do anything graphical, its just the dedicated server. Thats why its so much smaller, cause you dont have to install all the graphical stuff that takes so much space.

so dont get any *evil* ideas.... cause they wont work ;)

shazbot! oh well guess i'll buy the game anyway. how about? -<OCC>-?

I might be selling my old 5200 for $85, if this happens I'm at least getting ut'04 and if I'm allowed in the clan I'll spring for BF:V as well...what are the constraints by the way, of joining the clan? As a suggestion, I'd say just let everyone join, but then make it so that you have to be in, say, the top 32 to play in tournaments/championships type of thing. That way it's not entirely exclusive, we'll still have a really good team and it allows others the chance to play in the major events if they become good enough. An OCC folding at home type score board would be ideal for this. So how's about it?

yeah that's probably a good way to manage the teams.

and a scoreboard is a must.... i wanna know if i'm on first place or not :P

clans are open to anyone who wants to join for now...bu if we get to much people we have to have try outs...

or we could also make two teams.... each team has it speciality and favorit gaming modes... for example i just hate deathmatch but i love onslaught

for example i just hate deathmatch but i love onslaught

well i thik your not the only one out there!!!

it waz already obvious on the demo.. there were like 5times as many servers on onsought than on deathmathc :blink:

Lets not get to carried away thinking about tryouts and seperate teams already. We dont even have a server up yet! Anyway, I think we should for the most part just have fun and not worry about ranks and stuff. But once ALOT of people get into it, then we should worry about seperate types of teams and other sum such.

so is the console server out for UT? and what would I need to run one. I have a t1 at work, and a 3mb cable modem at home and run servers at both, I could put up a server I think, what kinda machine specs do I need? I have a dual xeon 866 at home with a gigh of ram, and a new toshiba server just collecting dust.