Anyone Interested To Atart

bloodking

-]oCc[-

i like this one. yeah it should be for bf:v too cause i doubt i'll buy ut2k4 but i'm definatelty getting bf:v.

i jsut wish i could install games on this computer here at work. it also has a T3 connection. its weird, it let me install the ut2k4 demo, aim, and scarab (anyone else play this game?) but nothing else. any ideas?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like this one. yeah it should be for bf:v too cause i doubt i'll buy ut2k4 but i'm definatelty getting bf:v.

Yea, the only thing I'm debating at this point is if I should get BF:V or UT2k4... They both cost about the same, and I don't have either one yet, nor do I have the cash to go out and buy both... but if someone is willing to donate, or if we can pull a bit from the OCC fund ;) I can get both and run them on the server. Just thinking maybe a 'lil help on my end (not to sound like you guys should give me anything, I'm just asking).

So, other than the hyjack I'm creating here (sorry) but since we got the jist of what we're going to do, can I please get a few suggestions (if you don't want to post them just pm me so we don't take up this thread). Other than that, let's keep em rolling with the tags, I like to hear everyones input! :D

you have my anti vote to cancel out sly c's vote. I prefer fast paced mass murder vs. strategic strikes.

Oh an special K. your gonna make these dedicated servers right? if so you might wanna take a look at this. A dedicated server wont cost you a dime! Theyre free for download, and only take around 2 gigs of space, significantly less than the retail version. Theyll even supply you with a dedicated server key so you can advertise it on the unreal master server. For now, I think the free ut2k4 dedicated server will be your best bet. http://www.unrealtournament.com/news/view.php?id=1491

hehehe, so is that the game too? or jsut the software to make the server? hmmm. *evil idea*

No its just the server. It doesnt do anything graphical, its just the dedicated server. Thats why its so much smaller, cause you dont have to install all the graphical stuff that takes so much space.

so dont get any *evil* ideas.... cause they wont work ;)

bout the things on tryouts.. the ratio thingy.. i think its rly dumb for ut cuz for example i have a lot of killsbut many times i die tunz of times.. especialy in the assult maps... i like die 10 time in a row without any kill but the game is so fast i dont miss much (its not like cs where u miss a hole wround when u die)... and i still keep my score very close (if not in) the top.... i think it should matter more on the amounts of kill compared to the other player!!

and for the name [oCc] i think would be da best!!!

ps: bout the speed i gives me i have 80 kbits and thats crapin wrong.... ill c if i can find a better way.... but i was able to upload at 10mbits many times on p2p programs!!! so ya...

Oh an special K. your gonna make these dedicated servers right? if so you might wanna take a look at this. A dedicated server wont cost you a dime! Theyre free for download, and only take around 2 gigs of space, significantly less than the retail version.

Awesome! Thank you so much now I can run this for free and go out and buy another game :) Thanks again. I think I'm gonna set up a server on my main rig and you guys can play it to see how well it performs. Basically because my server rig isn't up yet :(

I'll post the ip when I get a chance... still trying to download this thing.

I don't like the whole "small, caps, small" thing (oCc)...just looks kinda lame to me. I think simple is best, like the:

OCC|ClayMeow or [OCC]ClayMeow.

We want people to associate us with OCC, right? I just think that's best.

If you want to set us apart, like as a division of OCC, then you can do something like: OCCgamerz|ClayMeow ... but if some of us have long names, we may exceed the limit that way.

As for tryouts...BAD IDEA. The only requirement should be being a member of OCC. At least for us set members now. If, whilst playing, someone not a part of OCC asks to be in our clan, then we can have tryouts for those people, and tell them they must also join these forums, and we will judge them both on personality and skill.

BTW, as for where to have forums set up. Having a forum in here, like with F@H or TKC is the easiest, but keep in mind, that eventually, after we get our name out there, other clans and such will want to come post and propose clan wars, and may flame in doing so. I think flaming is a natural part of a gaming community, and should be allowed to an extent, so I don't know how good of an idea that is to have it a part of the general OCC forums for that reason. shrug.

If you want to set us apart, like as a division of OCC, then you can do something like: OCCgamerz|ClayMeow ... but if some of us have long names, we may exceed the limit that way.

As for tryouts...BAD IDEA. The only requirement should be being a member of OCC.

BTW, as for where to have forums set up. Having a forum in here, like with F@H or TKC is the easiest, but keep in mind, that eventually, after we get our name out there, other clans and such will want to come post and propose clan wars, and may flame in doing so.

I think there should be a poll on this :P But I wouldn't mind OCC|Special_K.

Also, when I said "subdivision" I meant that only to be to make a piece of OCC dedicated to gaming, not to extend the tags. I think OCC fits just fine with what we want.

Tryouts are a bad idea, all you have to be is a member, if your new... then the more experienced people here will help you out. I myself havn't played with BF:V or UT2k4 nor any of their predessors, but I do play CS about every day... :P (yea so what if its old... outdated... etc...)

As far as the whole flaming thing... remember that the forum would be for Clan members only so even if someone from outside wanted to flame they would have to join first...

As far as joining, I do think that there should be some sort of list or something to keep track of everything, meaning the names and joining dates and stuff like that. I hope LP can handle the workload we're going to put on him (or at least have someone he can go to who can :))

ya sharing the OCC forum will distract the people too much... like it should bring ppl here but not directly... i think its better to set up a new forum.. maybe based on this one but with a different address or something that will keep it seperate...

ya and unless we start gettin tunz a ppl we should not do tryouts... were here for phun not for bien da best.. cuz i doubt most of you will have da time to train for that!! but i think well come out pretty strong :P

bout the bfv... i think it will be a great game remembering the 1st one.. but i think ut will be much better.. and since we dont have too many servers ;) i think we should go for UT2k4 for now... then we can see but lets keep focused on one objective!!

I think a new forum is too much. I meant to suggest an extension to this site, with a link or whatever to our forum (for clan members only). With a new forum you would need new moderators, which means more work for the ones we already have (they would have to set it up).