Pet Peeves

AYoKoNA

back on topic.. I ALSO HATE MY FKEN DELL COMP THATS BESIDE MY COMP! ITS SO UGLY THAT MASS OF CRAP IS JUST LYING THERE....

also i hate umm rain.... umm and people who just plainly suck

Edited by roadkill

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People who repeat threads... <_>

There already is a pet peeve thread....lol

:withstupid:

Ayokona, try searching for "things that annoy you", or something like that....it was like 20 pages long.

And as far as pushing the cdrom tray in, I almost always push the button, but pushing the tray in is fine as long as they only give it a slight push, because the mechanism inside treats it as a button push and then does the rest. And besides, i agree with road-runner. Manufacturers are dumbass's for putting the button underneath the drive.

EDIT: i agree with andrusk and ghost, i HATE people who talk during television shows and movies. I get yelled at by my parents when they say something to me and i'm too "engrossed" in a show to answer them or even hear them. lol.

Oh yeah, and last year, i was in a movie theater, and you'd think that with all those "turn off your cell phone" ads before movies air, that most people would remember to turn off their phone, or at least not talk on it if it rings....but about 30mins into the movie this cell phone rings, and then the guy actually answers it and starts talking "yeah, i'm watching a movie right now....no, in a movie theater..." etc etc. what the heck! After yelling "hey, butthole, get off the phone", and that not working, I threw a piece of candy at him and he got the message. And then he has the nerve to give ME a dirty look. what an idiot. (i wasn't the only one to say something to him....i was just the only one to throw something ;) )

Edited by ClayMeow

People who repeat threads... <_<

There already is a pet peeve thread....lol

Ayokona, try searching for "things that annoy you", or something like that....it was like 20 pages long.

Well for the sake of arguing :P

I did finally find your "annoy" thread by searching for "annoy"

Lets see

Definition of

Annoy -

1. To cause slight irritation to (another) by troublesome, often repeated acts.

What really drives me nuts is all the people out there who really spent there hard earned time and money and actually read up on how to do things, don't get nearly enough credit for there work. Yet some rich punk can go out a drop 6 grand and then he goes off saying all he did to his computer, when 2 grand went to some company doing it for him, and doesnt know the first thing about it! :angry:

Sorry, personal expreince, anyone else had a similar prob? :blink:

UMM. I'm not an english professor or anything, but I'm bothered by people who use "there"(a place) for "their"(possesive), or "they're"(they are.) Same goes with "your" and "you're."

• 4 years later...

I'm a people watcher... I could easily write a book about some peoples quirks, mannerisms and all around lack of common sense... Working with the public since I was 15, I've met some of the worlds biggest "prizes" and seen some pretty off the wall stuff...

The little ones:

1. People who unload something into the trash can, and see it's full, but leave it for the next person... OR... will get to it and it's full, so they mash it down a little further to get their crap in it and leave it to the next person.
  2. In a store, people that will find the narrowest part of the isle to stand and chit chat with someone while blocking others from getting around them... And then giving you the scowl when you politely ask them to move.
  3. In a parking lot: People who cannot park a car to save their lives... the painted lines aren't just decoration....
  4. Messy people in general: Take the extra 5 seconds to get your plate to the sink, put away the milk, pick up the stuff you took out, etc... It's not too damn hard. These are the same people who'll have the nerve to crab when it becomes too big of a job and it'll take them all weekend long to clean their house... Personally, I'd rather spend 10 minutes a day keeping up after myself than to waste an entire day on the weekend...

The bigger ones...

1. One-Uppers... No matter what you have, what you've seen, what you've done, etc... they'll top you at all costs with some bull**** story about their "buddy", who you'd NEVER know, because he's long since moved away. Throw the flag.....

2.People who cannot/should not DRIVE!!!

1. I live in a somewhat "tourist" type town, not to mention old folks town. Every day there's accidents where some old fart ran a stop sign, took a left from the right lane, failed to yeild, forgot to put their car in park, hit the wrong pedal, etc... I'm all for these people having their independance, but I feel that after the age of 60, or after a stroke, heart attack or seizure, these people should have to retake a driving test to make sure they still have their ducks in a row.
  2. People who either don't pay attention, or have tunnel vision when they drive. Time and time again I've either seen or almost been a part of some accident where some twit changes lanes without looking, pulls out in front of a car on the highway, too busy with their cigerette, radio, cell phone, etc... They endagner themselves as well as many others out on the road.

3. Tough Talkers: People who constantly make reference to their past fights, scuffles, arguments, and what they'll do to you if _________________.

1. These people are still trying to be the king . of turd mountain like they are still in high school. They try to act like bullys most of the time and talk all rough and tough. This is often accompanied by them puffing out their chest and trying to broaden their shoulders... Grow up...
  2. I work with a guy who basically grew up as an only child due to the fact that his brother was much older than him. This guy is so competitive, that he'll create a situation when there isn't one to begin with. He must be seen, heard and respected at all times. What's best for him "now" is complete opposite when someone else in the same situtation did it 10 minutes ago. He was a spoiled brat growing up and did whatever he could for attention from both his parents and friends. He played every sport he could and HAD to win at all costs, or he threw a fit. He acts the same way here at work. We work armed security by the way... Anyway, not to brag, but I'm a pretty damn good shot with both a pistol and a rifle. Often times I score high at the range. If he doesn't beat my score, he begs and pleads with the supervisor to let him go again, or he sits there and sulks. The one time he was allowed to shoot the course again, he ended up doing alot worse than the first time, and the supervisor made him keep that score. He was pissed for days. :lol: He was a cop 3 different times now, and ended up fired from 2 of those and a questionable 3rd time. He constantly makes references to things he did when he was a cop (all tough guy tales), but when it comes to the reasons he was fired (abusive and battery), he didn't do it and is falsly accused or the chief didn't like him..... He was labeled a "hot head" by many of his fellow officers as well as us here at work.

Not to brag or boast, but I'm 6'2" and 235lbs. He was pissed one day and was rattling off all these things he was going to "do" like he always does when he's trying to act tough. myself as well as others usually laugh and walk away while he's talking and that makes him even madder, but one day I walked up to him and got nose to nose (he's 5'8" and about 175) and told him "A real man wouldn't talk about it... they'd just do it...". He glared at me and said something to the effect of "You ever get that close to me again and I'll crap@n knock your teeth out..." I just smiled back at him and said "thanks for proving my point" and I walked away He stood there for a few seconds and turned around and walked away rambling... :rolleyes: All talk... :lol::D

All Around Jackasses:

1. I also work with some people who seem to think their interests and hobbies are always better than everyone elses. they are often the hunters and sports people. They want to rattle off everything they've done, but what you've done means nothing and you're basically a loser. I happen to know alot about rock music, bands and guitars. I've been a music nut since I can first remember, playing with dads turntable at age 3, collecting CD's, DJ'd for 6 years, etc. I'm often put down or made fun of because of this.... until of course someone NEEDS some info from me or a copy of some CD. :rolleyes: Then they're all nice and sweet with me. Same goes for computers. They often give me crap because I tinker with computers alot. They'll make some comment that I'm so full of USELESS knowledge. Then when their PC is not working, they call and ask for help... Recently, I just quit offering them advice all together. Send them to the Geek Squad :P

That's a few for now..... Like I said... I could write a book.... :P

Same goes for computers. They often give me crap because I tinker with computers alot. They'll make some comment that I'm so full of USELESS knowledge. Then when their PC is not working, they call and ask for help... Recently, I just quit offering them advice all together.

That is exactly how it is...

I'm the "nerdy computer geek" who does know anythin but computers and electronics (completely false by the way) to all of my friends and family but when they have a problem with a computer system, dvd player, stereo or anything electronic they go to me.

:rolleyes:

Pricks...

Edited by Andrewr05

Awesome thread btw.... wow where do I start about pet peeves.....

People who just think they are soo much better than you. You know that people who come off with that attitude that they are just so superior to you...

What else....

Well on almost daily basis I see ricers. Now these ricers often drive acura integras, honda civics, dodge neons, or even worse chevy cavaliers.... often with shotty paint jobs, wide bodykits, aftermarket tailights or even exhaust that sounds loud but rather piss poor loud like a lawn mower or something. Now I got nothing against these cars ordinarily its just what the people do to them or how they look that really bothers me especially the piss poor sounding exhaust....

Well I suppose that ends this rant for now I'm sure I'll add more to it later....