My name's not Ivy but...

IVIYTH0S

13 hours ago, IVIYTH0S said:

Oh neat! Yeah I've always been interested from a far but knew it could become a rabbit hole hobby. I love watching cool large scale model airplane videos or RC drift videos. So awesome though, all electric or some are gas? For me it'd be cheaper than a Tesla (I really want our next car to be an all electric as I currently have a plug in hybrid for now) 

Welcome to the boat haha, yeah I wish to also do that with my limited knowledge on not keeping up with the latest and greatest. 

Yeah some of those airplanes are pretty cool. Their is a club about 1/4 mile from here. Every Sunday I can hear them out flying their planes. 

All electric, my next purchase is probably going to be 1/5th scale gas vehicle. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, slick2500 said:

Yeah some of those airplanes are pretty cool. Their is a club about 1/4 mile from here. Every Sunday I can hear them out flying their planes. 

All electric, my next purchase is probably going to be 1/5th scale gas vehicle. 

Oh  nice, what kind of car/truck? 

I love the videos of the large scale actual jet model airplanes to the point where it looks like a real commercial airliner or full blown fighter plane flying over head. Honorable mention to the flying lawn mower haha

Hello, long time no see

Life has gotten busy for the most of us. We're still here just not as frequent. I was up until the Covid thing hit and I went into hiding. Decided to move into the northern house and fully gut and reno it. been taking all my time. Trying to get some of it finished before I head back to work in August. Welcome back :)

8 hours ago, dr_bowtie said:

Hello, long time no see

Life has gotten busy for the most of us. We're still here just not as frequent. I was up until the Covid thing hit and I went into hiding. Decided to move into the northern house and fully gut and reno it. been taking all my time. Trying to get some of it finished before I head back to work in August. Welcome back :)

2020 seems to be the year of renovations. I bought a project property last fall so I'm in the hardware store a lot. I cant believe how busy they have been. 

14 hours ago, dr_bowtie said:

Hello, long time no see

Probably all the furloughed people finally having the time to tackle some of their home projects. I know I finally had some motivation to fix some things around the house since I was off from work for two months.

glad to see some old familiars returning, welcome back!

I've got an xbox controller hooked up to my gaming pc, hooked up to the 4k tv so I can play from the recliner! Or swap to the monitor/desk. That paired with a wireless keyboard/mouse combo help a bit. I rarely have time for console let alone PC sadly. I didn't get any covid time off/bonus bux, bought my first home in November and it's a huge project lol.

17 hours ago, IVIYTH0S said:

Oh  nice, what kind of car/truck? 

I love the videos of the large scale actual jet model airplanes to the point where it looks like a real commercial airliner or full blown fighter plane flying over head. Honorable mention to the flying lawn mower haha

RCMK XCR 1200 SE, it's been out of stock for a while though :( http://www.davesmotors.com/RCMK-XCR-1200-SE-1-5-Buggy.html

Did you ever see the rc flying Superman? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 10:00 PM, IVIYTH0S said:

Probably all the furloughed people finally having the time to tackle some of their home projects. I know I finally had some motivation to fix some things around the house since I was off from work for two months.

Yes it has been a great time to tackle some projects. Completely ripped out the whole upstairs floor, joist and all and replaced with all new floor joist and decking and rebuilt all the upstairs wall and ran all new electric. In the middle of replacing the windows now and then re-insulate and hang sheetrock. part of the rock is hung. Just waiting on the windows to come in. Should be pretty sweet when done.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:09 PM, RHKCommander959 said:

glad to see some old familiars returning, welcome back!

I've got an xbox controller hooked up to my gaming pc, hooked up to the 4k tv so I can play from the recliner! Or swap to the monitor/desk. That paired with a wireless keyboard/mouse combo help a bit. I rarely have time for console let alone PC sadly. I didn't get any covid time off/bonus bux, bought my first home in November and it's a huge project lol.

I'm sorry to hear all that, you need some much deserved R&R! 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:31 PM, slick2500 said:

RCMK XCR 1200 SE, it's been out of stock for a while though :( http://www.davesmotors.com/RCMK-XCR-1200-SE-1-5-Buggy.html

Did you ever see the rc flying Superman? 

Lol! No I haven't but that's pretty neat. I like the little starwars speeder bikes that people made put of drones too. 

4 hours ago, dr_bowtie said:

Yes it has been a great time to tackle some projects. Completely ripped out the whole upstairs floor, joist and all and replaced with all new floor joist and decking and rebuilt all the upstairs wall and ran all new electric. In the middle of replacing the windows now and then re-insulate and hang sheetrock. part of the rock is hung. Just waiting on the windows to come in. Should be pretty sweet when done.

Nice! Keep up the great work! 

I need to figure out a way to better seal our attic entry door so it isn't gaping open all the time. May invest in a less death defying folding ladder too haha. 

9 hours ago, IVIYTH0S said:

I need to figure out a way to better seal our attic entry door so it isn't gaping open all the time. May invest in a less death defying folding ladder too haha. 

A lot of times it's the springs getting worn out on them, or corrosion in the hinge joints. If you want to be cheap/easy you can just take a piece of scrap wood and make a latch out of a screw and piece of wood, or get a sliding door latch. Either way you'd need a step stool to undo it though, but it'll keep the oogie boogies locked out :rofl:

15 hours ago, RHKCommander959 said:

A lot of times it's the springs getting worn out on them, or corrosion in the hinge joints. If you want to be cheap/easy you can just take a piece of scrap wood and make a latch out of a screw and piece of wood, or get a sliding door latch. Either way you'd need a step stool to undo it though, but it'll keep the oogie boogies locked out :rofl:

Yeah, I'm have to address it one of these days. Got a couple of easier things to get done first. I'll have to watch some videos on it, and probably borrow a small ladder/step stool from someone. 

Hola!

Been lurking the site since im planning a new high end build but unfortunately I've had to go else where to look at reviews since OCC doesn't have the info on the hardware I want.

Not my first choice but unfortunately i have to watch those click bait, cringey youtubers to get up-to-date info on products im planning on buying :mfp: